Should I wait for the 922?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Don_S

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
I currently have a 622 and a 211. I am eligible for a "Dish'n it up" upgrade. I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and upgrade the 622 to a 722 or if I should wait for the 922. It looks like the 922 has had a very long gestation period (from what I have read on this forum, it was supposed to have been released last fall, but obviously that has not happened). So what do you guys think? is it better to upgrade now to the 722 or is it worth waiting for the 922? Also would it be better to wait a year or more AFTER the 922 is released so they can work out all the bugs? If the answer to the last question is yes, then maybe I should go ahead and upgrade to the 722 now and in a year or two upgrade to the 922.

Thats up to you to decide.

I applaud Dish for not releasing it last fall as it wasn't ready. There was an effort to get it out as it was just to get it out before the end of the year. I am glad they rethought that as this is the cadilac of the Dish Network line, so it better act like one when its released.

I have a 922 and it has come a long way since then, but still has a way to go. I think before they release it they will update the Sling streaming to use the new Flash based technology which will mean for better PQ and less CPU usage.

When it is released people will want them. :)

Sometimes good things come to those who wait... :D

When we had the Dishplayer it was "Should I wait for the 501"

When we had 501's it was "Should I wait for the 508"

When we had 508's it was "Should we wait for the 721"

When we had 721's it was "Should I wait for the 921"

When we had 921's it was "Should I wait for the 942"

When we had 942's it was "Should I wait for the 622"

When we had 622's it was "Should I wait for the 722"

When we had 722's it was "Should I wait for the 722K"

When we have 722K's it is now "Should I wait for the 922"

When we eventually get 922's, people will be asking "Should I wait for the 962"

When we had the Dishplayer it was "Should I wait for the 501"

When we had 501's it was "Should I wait for the 508"

When we had 508's it was "Should we wait for the 721"

When we had 721's it was "Should I wait for the 921"

When we had 921's it was "Should I wait for the 942"

When we had 942's it was "Should I wait for the 622"

When we had 622's it was "Should I wait for the 722"

When we had 722's it was "Should I wait for the 722K"

When we have 722K's it is now "Should I wait for the 922"

When we eventually get 922's, people will be asking "Should I wait for the 962"

Tell me more about this 962? will it be awsomer then the 922?

I myslef would wait for the 922. The capabilities it has over the other receivers is great. I have one at home and it's a lot of fun to play with. The internet connection finally started working on it so I downloaded the Sling Media app on my iPhone. I can't wait to be at an Iowa football game this upcoming season and be able to watch my own replays on my phone.

And it will be able to record up to 15 streams at once. Just make sure that none of the streams are showing cars going faster than 88 mph because you will go back in time!

I myslef would wait for the 922. The capabilities it has over the other receivers is great. I have one at home and it's a lot of fun to play with. The internet connection finally started working on it so I downloaded the Sling Media app on my iPhone. I can't wait to be at an Iowa football game this upcoming season and be able to watch my own replays on my phone.
GO HAWKEYES!!! My Wife and I Haven't missed a game since 1979. And next year might be the best year of all!!!:)

I'll pass for now. IT doesn't really fit my lifestyle now. I don't have a cell phone after 8 years . I don't travel unless we evacuate for a hurricane. My wallet has been hit hard since 2008 when my wife went part time and this recession hit. It is all about paying down my debt and getting rid of extras. XM sat radio was the first to go , then T-mobile and I cut down all my extra receivers on my DISH account to one extra and use component to my other tv in the computer room for hd on tv1. Use coax to the bedroom with an up-converting dvd recorder for hd in that room. I could add another 211k but I decided I would rather save the extra $84.00 a year. Now if the 922 becomes a must have box , I will think about leasing . But I can not afford to buy a new box every year now like in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts