Should I wait till Feb 1?

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
I will be getting my new 622 on Friday. Should I wait till Feb 1 to call Dish to activate it to get the DVRvantage plan?. Presently, I have a 301 that I am going to trade in. What hould the process be when I call them do I deactivate my 301 then start my 622 in the same call? Does the 301 need to be live when I deactivate it? I want to set up the 622 before I call them but in order to do that I have to take my 301 out.
Also, any advatage to setting up my account for Credit card pre-pay before doing the above?
Being that I not done this if there is the best approach someone know please let me know. THanks.

Not sure about the advantage plan, you should be able to swicth one Feb 1st comes around but one can never be sure. Always add the new receiver before taking the current one off, if only receiver, csr may shut off account completely. It should take too long to get your account reactivated, but why take a chance when hearing about some of the csr's there now. Make sure you are concise and if you don't like the csr (too many with foriegn accents) call back and try to get someone who understands.

There will be some new promotions starting not only new customers but for current ones as well on Feb 1st for the 622. So it all depends on what kind of deal you got and if you want to wait until February.

There will be some new promotions starting not only new customers but for current ones as well on Feb 1st for the 622. So it all depends on what kind of deal you got and if you want to wait until February.
Poke, are you positive about promotions for current customers on Feb. 1st as well? I'm a current customer who just FINALLY got my new 50" plasma HD screen this past weekend. I'm now looking to upgrade to HD and want a 622, but they want $199 right now, and I won't bite on it at the moment. I'm HOPING that they'll do something for us current customers on Feb. 1, but hadn't heard anything definitive.

Same Boat as Chieffan9

I'm in the same boat as chieffan9: I'm getting a new HD TV, which should arrive between 1/29 and 1/31, and I want to upgrade my programming to HD with a 622 receiver.

I just got off the phone with E*, and, as I already knew, they want $199 to upgrade to the 622, and the CSR said that the offer is good until 1/31, but she would not/could not tell me what will happen on February 1: she twice said "I can tell you what the current upgrade offer is."

I was hoping to have HD by February 4, Super Bowl Sunday, but it looks like that is not going to happen.

If anyone has any additional information or advice, I would appreciate hearing it.

Richard

I'm in the same boat as chieffan9: I'm getting a new HD TV, which should arrive between 1/29 and 1/31, and I want to upgrade my programming to HD with a 622 receiver.

I just got off the phone with E*, and, as I already knew, they want $199 to upgrade to the 622, and the CSR said that the offer is good until 1/31, but she would not/could not tell me what will happen on February 1: she twice said "I can tell you what the current upgrade offer is."

I was hoping to have HD by February 4, Super Bowl Sunday, but it looks like that is not going to happen.

If anyone has any additional information or advice, I would appreciate hearing it.

Richard
once you get the HD TV go to radio shack, wallmart or somewhere else
buy an offair antenna make sure its powered big one not just some off the shelf rabbit ears i like the brand TERK
install it behind the tv, ( most hdtv come with hdtv off air tuner ATSC tuner ) or put it on a balcony in the addic throw it out the window and program ur tv (search for digital off air not cable channels) i am sure ull find ur local affiliated channel that carries the super bowl wich will be in HD
next day take it back and say it sux i can only get 2 channels and they keep breaking up or keep it until u get ur 622 hooked up!!

I agee with mkmkmk13 but check Antenna Web first to see how far your CBS station is from your home. (CBS has the Super Bowl this year right?). If its too far the rabbit ears won't help you. But its definitely worth a shot. The second issue is whether you have an HDTV or an HD Monitor. If it has a tuner you can hook the antenna directly to the TV. If it doesn't, you'd have to go through the 622 like I do.

What's up with the new promotions for existing subs Poke? Spill the beans please.

I too am curious about the deals for existing customers come Feb 1st. I have a 942 and would really like to upgrade to the 622. Any ideas on what will be offered..?

This was already covered in our forums on 1/16/2007. Scott Grecgkowski of our staff did a report called "Retailer Chat Recap". Just go to the little white space called search and type in " Retailer Chat Recap " and you will see it there. It has pricing and a lot of discussion on Dish policy.

I just got my 622.

It's seems like my thread went all over the place.
I have another question though. Can I just activate my 622 with my existing plan with no HD (presently have DishPro 301, AT120 with HBO/Cinemax) then on Feb 1 Sign up for the DVRvantage plan? Can that work?

What constitutes a 'new' customer? If my wife were to call and sign up, same address, different name, different phone, different credit card - is she a 'new' customer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)