Should I wait to upgrade

Show me where it says ANYWHERE that the DX, DPro, or D2 will NOT support gingerbread?

I look at the Moto choices, and you have the large 4.3" touch screen, vs the 3.7" D2 with a slide-out keyboard vs the crackberry-crowd friendly D-Pro with the treo-like keyboard. Options for all.

I guess choice is too difficult a concept for iphone users.

I guess choice is too difficult a concept for iphone users.

Choice is not bad but some of the phones on the market still and some that have just come out within the past couple months are not good choices. 99% of the cell phone users out there are unaware of this and will possibly get burned by one of those choices down the road.

FYI, I deleted my other posts as I was not aware that Honeycomb was being released as a tablet only OS. Funny part is the evolution of android.

Gingerbread 2.3
Honeycomb 3.0
Ice Cream 2.4

Talk about trying to confuse the general public with their versions and numbering unless 2.4 is going to be a phone only OS.

The naming scheme has really gotten confusing. It would have been better if there was android (with the traditional naming scheme) and android for tablets, our something different altogether, as it limits names for the phone os. Fail.

99% of the cell phone users out there are unaware of this and will possibly get burned by one of those choices down the road.

Talk about trying to confuse the general public with their versions and numbering unless 2.4 is going to be a phone only OS.
Just like you say that 99% of users aren't aware of differences in phones, features, etc, etc (I agree with you, by the way), by the same token, the "general public" knows NOTHING about 1.5, 2.1, 2.3, Froyo, Honeycomb, etc, etc. I'd venture to say that the same applies with iPhone owners too -- they don't know what iOS is let alone what version they're running. You're getting into technical details that only people on internet discussion forums talk about... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts