Should KDLH and KBJR add more channels?

bradhasbrouck

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
After Quincy Newspapers completes a deal with KDLH/KBJR.

Is there a chance KDLH will add 2 more channels of programming
while KBJR will add 1 more channel of programming?

After Quincy Newspapers completes a deal with KDLH/KBJR.

Quincy could be the lifesaver in a market with only 1 diginet. Depending on if who has what.

KDLH has a 1080 and 480 which is CBS amd CW so one can be added here

KBJR has a nbc and mntv, it doesn say if both or hd or not. Assuming is a 720 and 480 then yes you can add two

All depends on your bandwith. I would push for Antenna, Cozi, and Grit.

doubt it. All Quincy is going to do is run it. They can't buy it outright per FCC rules. Malara is still technically going to own it
upgrade My to HD so the sports dont look like crap then maybe they can put something on there extra.

KBJR does have an encoder to add a subchannel as they did when KDLH took a dump they added CBS to 6-3 but thats about it. I do not see KDLH getting anything new.

When will CBS Programming move to KBJR-DT (Channel 6.3) and CW Programming move to (Channel 3.1).

However, is there a chance KDLH-DT could add Antenna TV and Decades on DTV Subchannels by 2016?

I predict KDLH could be adding more Digital Subchannels sometime next year.

However, Here Is the list: Decades, Heroes & Icons and Buzzr?

and in all honesty as someone who gets all 3 stations here in Minneapolis, you will get bored rather quickly with Buzzr and Decades unless they really revamp their programming (they rerun the same stuff all the time)

This owning two stations in the same market is a mess. From what I am reading to keep both of them Quincy will take the major station off one (KDLH) and put it on the other (KBJR). From what this is about the CBS will go on the NBC affiliate with the MNTV. Which is what already has mentioned. Most likely KBJR will have two 720 and a 480. The CW will HD on 3.1 (which Ice mentioned before already)..HOWEVER Quincy has added the Decades in some of it's Wisconsin Markets and since Duluth is nearby maybe so. There is no garauntee they will do it.

I would prefer to get a good LAFF, get COZI, and ESCAPE. Those 3 or probably your best but only Scripps does this with their stations, not all but most.

bradhasbrouck hope your predictions work for you. The H&I and the Decades may showup probably not the buzzr. Your best bet for an h&i and decades is your hubbard ABC affiliate. Check the Albany NY stations that Hubbard owns.....

This owning two stations in the same market is a mess. From what I am reading to keep both of them Quincy will take the major station off one (KDLH) and put it on the other (KBJR). From what this is about the CBS will go on the NBC affiliate with the MNTV. Which is what already has mentioned.
We already have a thread on that cluster (the Quincy/Granite/Malara/Sagamore sale) which has plenty of info

Most likely KBJR will have two 720 and a 480.
CBS will drop down to 720p on the -3
KBJR NBC will stay 1080i on the -1
My will stay 480i widescreen on -2
The CW will HD on 3.1 (which Ice mentioned before already)..HOWEVER Quincy has added the Decades in some of it's Wisconsin Markets and since Duluth is nearby maybe so. There is no garauntee they will do it.
Since KDLH wont be owned by Quincy why do we care what Quincy added elsewhere? Sagamore will own it as a separate entity from KBJR.
ALSO Quincy DROPPED Thistv for Decades. No way they drop the My affiliate. They have run that since around 2002 when KMSP in MInneapolis switched from UPN to FOX (Fox bought up KMSP and already owned WFTC the FOX affiliate so they swapped with Fox being on KMSP 9 the stronger signal). When KMSP was dropped on cable in most of outer Minnesota (including DUluth) KBJR started "Northlands 9" which morphed into "My9". Unlike most My affiliates, they (KBJR-DT2) carries tons of high school and college sports on it (all local).

Once they spin off KDLH (and the NBC in Ft Wayne Indian WISE) to Sagamore those 2 stations will only have CW+ in HD. This gives cable companies and satco's a HD CW feed (right now the SD version is carried on cable and satellite). The only thing it will gain is must carry in the market (but most cable companies carry it already).

Just because an owner does something elsewhere....and a market is "nearby"...doesnt mean it will happen.
Both ABC's in out-state MN (WDIO Duluth and KAAL Austin/Albert Lea) only have one sub on them (Me on WDIO and This on KAAL) while Minneapolis has Me, This, Antenna and H&I. All are owned by Hubbard

bradhasbrouck hope your predictions work for you. The H&I and the Decades may showup probably not the buzzr. Your best bet for an h&i and decades is your hubbard ABC affiliate. Check the Albany NY stations that Hubbard owns.....
Hubbard has no plans to add anything to the Duluth or Albert Lea/Austin/Rochester stations. Last summer I e-mailed both WDIO and Hubbard (KSTP Minneapolis) and they informed me they did not have any plans of adding anything to WDIO. The Albany thing is a replacement, not an addition.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
The tentative Date is August 1st for CBS Programming moving to KBJR-DT (Channel 6-3) and the CW moving to KDLH-DT (Channel 3-1).

However, is there a chance KDLH-DT could add either Decades or Heroes & Icons on a digital subchannel?

On Monday August 1st, The CW will move to KDLH-DT channel 3.1. CBS programming will move to channel 6.2 and my9 will also move to channel 6.3. However, will KDLH-DT channel 3.2 will remain on the air?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)