Should my new purchased rcvr replace an owned or a leased?

zitro

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
"Brooklyn, NY"
wow, first post - the ppl on SG have provided so much info and assistance, that only now, a year after starting to read the forums I have a question I couldn't really find an answer for!

So I just purchased a 622 from DishStore (speedy shipment, I might add), and I want to replace one of my receivers. I was going to use the 622 in place of a 301 I purchased on the cheap and sell it, but when speaking with a Tech Support rep, he suggested that I deactivate one of my leased rcvrs and send it back, implying that 'my account will look better'. Does that even make sense, and if so would my account look better?

Now the other rcvrs I have are a 501, 2700 and 3900 (all leased; *old* but they have never crapped out), so if I could get rid of either the 2700 or 3900 that's fine by me.

What complicates the issues slightly is the bill. I currently have AT120 with 'DIGITAL & IHSP' that accounts for the 2700 and the 3900 when I started with Dish (I think DIGITAL referrs to the Digital Home Plan?), plus an additional lease fee for the 501.

Is the DIGITAL & IHSP specifically tied to the 2700 and 3900, or just the first two rcvrs listed on my account? If not that would allow me to return the 3900, lease the 2700 and 501, and not have to pay an additional lease fee.

So considering everything do I deactivate the 301 or the 3900?

Thanks! :D

Have the 622 replace the 2700 and 3900 as they are older legacy receivers and most likely running slower than you like. Keep the 501 and 301, the 501 will give you dvr along with the 622 in up to 3 locations and the 301 will serve purpose where ever you need it at.

The csr from my point of view was talking out of his ass, owned or leased has no bearing on how your account looks, late payments on your bill does amongst other things. The digital is an old warranty program that you should keep if you can, if not then you can add on the current warranty program and drop it when you dont need it.

yeah I figured so - it seems like he was trying to convince me from the perspective of number of owned rcvrs vs number of leased rcvrs.

I'm only going to deactivate one now, as I have to install some wiring from the 4th tv to the 622's second connection that will let me get rid of the other legacy.

Now with that settled (thanks Van), will they try to get rid of the old warranty program (given I have to update from AT120 to HD Silver)? It's worked well in the past, and I also noticed I have DishNet locals (which I think is Locals + Superstations @ $9). You think they might try to pull a fast one and change that too?

As long as you keep one of the original leased receivers then you should be able to keep the old warranty package though I dont know if it will cover the new rcvr but I think it will. As for the dishnet locals the distant locals have been pulled per court order so you may want to talk with a supervisor about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts