Should WV governor be involved in WVU coach search?

Neutronite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
ESPN reported that WV governor Mr. Joe Manchin is trying to lure WV native Nick Saban to coach the Mountaineers.
My take is that he was elected to [govern] WV...

West Virginia is a public university. As such, the governor has an interest as it is a officially a state institution.

Sorta like when the Virginia governor made the University of Virginia vote against ACC expansion if Virginia Tech wasn't involved, since both were public universities.

He should stay out, but that didn't stop him from forcing WVU and Marshall to play in football every year.

If Stewart is named coach it would be a mistake in my opinion.

Because of his past coaching experience. VMI and the whole racist stuff he has said about black players.

guess, you guys are going to be disappointed because guess who was named head coach? i'll give you a hint, he shares a last name with my fave fake news anchor!

It's official Mr. Bill Stewart is the new WVU HC. He got a five year $800K/YR contract.

i think that the idea of the governor being involved in this is just completely ridiculous and will look bad on the state and i even live in this stupid state!

interesting numbers 5year 800k a year equals 4 million coach rods buyout 4 million he will paying wvus coach for the next 5 years got to love that lol