Shows disappearing from my recordings

dontpanic said:
I reported the same issue to DIRT on 9/21. If I choose to save a single episode from PTAT, it will disappear on its own nine days after it was recorded. If I have a timer for the show the episodes don't disappear.

Actually all of my shows are saved from a timer for new episodes and I have shows disappearing as well. I don't lose every episode. In fact, I record a ton of shows and have only lost a few. But I shouldn't be losing any.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Same problem here with NBC Revolution. Saved last week episode on my Folder and dissapear this week.

Also I noticed that it also dont allow me to move this shows to hard drive.

Actually all of my shows are saved from a timer for new episodes and I have shows disappearing as well. I don't lose every episode. In fact, I record a ton of shows and have only lost a few. But I shouldn't be losing any.

I just lost a PTAT show from 10/7 that was saved via a timer. It did not disappear from My Recordings, but before trying to watch it I pressed Select and then chose Edit so that I could check the file size, which was 0.000GB. When I tried to watch it, as expected from the file size I just got a black screen. When I went back to My Recordings it then reported the dreaded 04 error.

Five other shows from that Sunday are still there, have non-zero sizes, and play just fine.

Having same problems, PTAT recordings are not being saved after 8 days. Not all recordings, but a consistent few. This is a huge issue!

I agree it's a BIG deal. I'm just surprised more people have had this issue (or noticed it anyway). I hope everyone that has had this issue reports it to DIRT. I think that will be the only way it gets fixed.

I agree this is a BIG deal, but I don't have the time or energy to keep track of all my episodes manually to figure out what is going on. I'm guessing it's not getting reported as much since a lot of people probably watch their shows within 8 days. The shows that I don't watch within 8 days I save whole seasons at a time and watch them in the winter/summer months. I may not be able to tell easily if an episode is lost since the episode numbers in general are sketchy.

KRUZNBY said:
I agree this is a BIG deal, but I don't have the time or energy to keep track of all my episodes manually to figure out what is going on. I'm guessing it's not getting reported as much since a lot of people probably watch their shows within 8 days. The shows that I don't watch within 8 days I save whole seasons at a time and watch them in the winter/summer months. I may not be able to tell easily if an episode is lost since the episode numbers in general are sketchy.

I do the same for a few shows. That's why it really ticks me off when some of those shows disappear. I've been using the website tv.com to determine which shows I've missed. They have episode guides for all the PTAT shows. You have to go by the episode name, not the number.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I am so glad that I did not get the Hopper yet. I definitely won't until this problem is resolved. It defeats the purpose of having one if its going to delete your shows like that. Anymore I try to wait a little while after the product has come to market so that the price will drop and the bugs get worked out. This is a really bad bug if you ask me.

It happened again. I see that only the this weeks Blue bloods, Grimm, etc are in the DVR area. Like I said in another post. It is a good thing that I have sickbeard running so I can obtain reliable copies of the show on the internets.

I had all my Parenthood episodes from this season disappear last night. They were in the "no folder" last night, but this morning they were all gone. I did a re-boot, but that did not help. I have PTAT set up along with timers, so it saves certin shows. Is there any idea why this is happening, and when it will be fixed?

s10zr2 said:
I had all my Parenthood episodes from this season disappear last night. They were in the "no folder" last night, but this morning they were all gone. I did a re-boot, but that did not help. I have PTAT set up along with timers, so it saves certin shows. Is there any idea why this is happening, and when it will be fixed?

I feel your pain. It's driving me nuts. Did you report to a DIRT member?

Ok, How do I contact a DIRT member?

My wife is now beyond pissed and had me move the kids ROKU to the front room so we can watch the current tv shows via PLEX/Sickbeard. This means I now have to justify the Sat system when its only use is to record the local newscasts and adult swim.

dhickman said:
Ok, How do I contact a DIRT member?

My wife is now beyond pissed and had me move the kids ROKU to the front room so we can watch the current tv shows via PLEX/Sickbeard. This means I now have to justify the Sat system when its only use is to record the local newscasts and adult swim.

Just look at the members who are online. I think the DIRT members are in red and have the @dishnetwork after their name. Just send one of them a private message about your issue. I sent my issue to maryb@dishnetwork. She was very helpful and reported it to the engineering department.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Just curious if anyone has had this issue since S234 came out? I haven't noticed it, but I've also been watching most all of my shows the same week in fear of losing them. It would be nice to let them go and watch them whenever I have more time without worrying if their still there. I think it's been corrected but not certain.

Just curious if anyone has had this issue since S234 came out? I haven't noticed it, but I've also been watching most all of my shows the same week in fear of losing them. It would be nice to let them go and watch them whenever I have more time without worrying if their still there. I think it's been corrected but not certain.

My PTAT saved recordings no longer get deleted.

I had this happen tonight to two shows that were recorded on an OTA Channel with a manual timer. Both of them show in the daily schedule as having been recorded, but they are not in "my recordings."