Showtime Anytime

fpembleton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
S.C.
Anyone heard an update on Dish providing this for its Showtime subscribers? Seems like I have asked about this and am told it is coming - think that means while I am still breathing?

When it comes time to renew their contract I bet they will get it. But who knows when that will be. They typically sign multi year contracts

If I was Charlie, I would threaten to drop Showtime completely, until they allow it.

I would bet that Dish could get Showtime Anytime if they wanted it right now. It would just cost them money. Dish probably does not see any cost benefit right now (i.e. new customers coming in because of STAT available vs fees they would have to pay to get it).

I am sure when they have renegotiate all the fees with Showtime they will probably be forced into it.

Lets say the demand for Showtime Anytime is high (Something we don't know, just because HBOGO is a huge success does not automatically mean Showtime is in as much demand - but it could be) So if it is high demand that means the programming is in high demand. If you were Charlie, you would shut off Showtime to further alienate the subscribers.

A few weeks ago I realized that Californication has restarted and I missed the first 3 episodes. I signed up for Showtime figuring I'd catch up on Showtime Anytime then found out that it's not available to Dish Customers. I called customer service and asked to cancel Showtime (hour later) and they wanted to charge me the downgrade fee. Been with Dish about 15 years now or damn near and it seems there is always some issue with some company that is causing programing issues. I pay for Showtime, that should entail their On Demand.

Considering that Showtime Anytime did not exist last time they renewed the contract with CBS, why would anyone expect it to be part of the deal?

Dish and CBS will be renegotiating carriage agreements at the end of the year, that's likely when this will be negotiated and provided (perhaps after a dispute).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

With Les thinking the Disney deal would not be good enough for him, I would not assume anything until the negotiation dust settles. Maybe this time next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts