Showtime Family Zone HD testing in Uplink Report

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
New Uplinks / Mappings – Channels NOT Available
9478 SHOFZ (324 HD) Showtime Family Zone added to 129° TP 28 (HD *TEST* Hidden)
9478 SHOFZ (324 HD) Showtime Family Zone added to 61.5° TP 15 (HD *TEST* Hidden)
26167 SHOFZ (324) Showtime Family Zone added to SVOD (50002) (SD *TEST* Hidden)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
New Uplinks / Mappings – Channels NOT Available
9478 SHOFZ (324 HD) Showtime Family Zone added to 129° TP 28 (HD *TEST* Hidden)
9478 SHOFZ (324 HD) Showtime Family Zone added to 61.5° TP 15 (HD *TEST* Hidden)
26167 SHOFZ (324) Showtime Family Zone added to SVOD (50002) (SD *TEST* Hidden)
Uplink report shows this is available...can someone w/Showtime verify please...
Yep it's up and working on channel 324

Thanks! I missed this was added!

Uplink report shows this is available...can someone w/Showtime verify please...
Which uplink report? The only reports for today listed here... Uplink Activity Updates
...are the old free previews ending at 2:50 AM, the usual sports channel changes at 6:15 AM, and an international channel being removed at 6:55 PM. Was there another uplink report after 6:55 PM that is not showing up there for some reason?

Which uplink report? The only reports for today listed here... Uplink Activity Updates
...are the old free previews ending at 2:50 AM, the usual sports channel changes at 6:15 AM, and an international channel being removed at 6:55 PM. Was there another uplink report after 6:55 PM that is not showing up there for some reason?
Okay, I see it now. It happened at 3:15 PM, along with a bunch of MLB Extra Innings changes, but James Long posted it to dbstalk's uplink thread at 6:08 PM. I still wonder why it didn't make it onto James Long's own site, though. I would hate to have to start checking both places just to make sure I don't miss anything.

Okay, I see it now. It happened at 3:15 PM, along with a bunch of MLB Extra Innings changes, but James Long posted it to dbstalk's uplink thread at 6:08 PM. I still wonder why it didn't make it onto James Long's own site, though. I would hate to have to start checking both places just to make sure I don't miss anything.
The same thing happened again this week, with the 3:14 PM uplink report not automatically making it onto James Long's site, even though he did list it at dbstalk. So, I contacted him there to let him know about the issue, and he was able to manually post both of the missed uplink reports (the one from today, and the one from February 5) to his site.

Like I said, these free previews started on February 20. However, Dish's free preview page on their website...

Request Rejected
...lists the previews as 2/21 through 2/24, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It is now February 22, and Showtime Family Zone HD still has not shown up on channel 324. So, it looks like it is official that this channel is not included in the free preview, in spite of the page I linked listing the entire range of channels 318 - 333 being included in the Showtime preview. :mad:

Like I said, these free previews started on February 20. However, Dish's free preview page on their website...

Request Rejected
...lists the previews as 2/21 through 2/24, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It is now February 22, and Showtime Family Zone HD still has not shown up on channel 324. So, it looks like it is official that this channel is not included in the free preview, in spite of the page I linked listing the entire range of channels 318 - 333 being included in the Showtime preview. :mad:
It is now February 25. The free preview is over, and Showtime Family Zone never did show up during the preview. :( :mad:

I predict that Showtime Family Zone will be featured as its own separate free preview during Dish's annual "Kids' Binge-A-Palooza" in July. This is just a guess, but the lack of Showtime Family Zone during this last free preview may have been a contractual thing. In other words, Dish's contract with Showtime may only authorize them to put each Showtime channel in free preview for a specific number of days over a certain time span. So, Dish had to leave that channel out of this free preview in order to avoid being contractually prevented from featuring it during the "Kids' Binge-A-Palooza" event. Dish featured HBO Family during the first "Kids' Binge-A-Palooza," so it would make sense that Dish would want Showtime Family Zone as a replacement for HBO Family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts