Showtime for $1.99 a month

Oh No! I didn't misunderstand anything. This being the first exposure to this promo I had, there was nothing I could compare it too. So when she made a big deal how special it was and only for "Customers that have been with d¡sh as long as I have" . . .

I made her repeat it several times and I repeated back to her. I remarked that it was a hell of a deal. And kept asking if she was sure that was what it's going to be . . . "For Real". She kept saying yes. I always said it was $10 for programming including upping to the Top Tier and Showtime. And she also said that my Equipment would become $15 a month, for a total of $25 per month. Too many variables these days. I thought who knows? That's why I came here right after to check. I know of this promo as it's turning out and would have never had done it. I already subscribe to Showtime Streaming through Hulu at a better package rate.

I've been dealing with these guys since '95. I use to meet up with some of the DIRTeam for drinks awhile back. I did work for Charlie when he was selling C-Band dishes long before d¡sh. I know what I was "Led to Believe".

I'll give Retention a call later today.
To verify your monthly bill, go to "mydish.com" and login. Then go to "My Account", "Summary" and "My Programming". You should see something like mine (as shown below).

I'll be shocked (and very jealous) if your Monthly Total is really $25. :)

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 9.22.31 AM.png

It's interesting that there is now a "Pre-Retention" dept. at Dish. Sounds like a good idea to contact customers who may be on the fence. Why wait till they call to cancel? I would like to know if my Dish Network viewing habits lately (only 1-2 hours per week) triggered a warning in their system? My Hopper Duo is always connected to the internet -- so they can easily monitor my viewing time (or lack thereof).

It's too bad that Dish lacks the bandwidth to provide all of Showtime in HD. Would be nice to have a few UHD channels too. My Paramount+ and Amazon Prime have UHD. But Netflix wants $4.50 a month more for UHD, which would not be worth it for me.

Like I said earlier, I was shocked to see the $1.99 price for 4 months offer. Now if I could just keep the Showtime and drop AT120 without paying 21 months of the ETF that would be great! :)
LOL the 1.99 is an upsell. there hoping that you forget about it so they can raise your bill up once it runs out

Reactions: N6BY
I just called dish, they flat out denied the promotion,saying it is a offer from other service. They would be more then happy to sell it to me for $10.00

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Are you FTards "ACTUALLY READING" what I wrote? Or am I using too big of words? "I got SCAMMED by a d¡sh Rep." And I did look at my online account at the bill, as I said I would when it had time "to churn in the machine". Where do you think the screen shot of the AMOUNT DUE came from?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)