Shuttle launch May 11

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And Again!.... :eek: 72w C-band ...But I won't be home at 2- something on a Monday anyway.

Last edited:
making a note of it

I have noted the launch date and will get my recorder ready for that time. I watch a little NASA every night and it's awesome to watch the views from space - especially when the Earth is shown as a satellite or ISS is moving in it orbit.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 143
Isn’t this the last launch for the whole fleet before it is retired? I thought on the last mission to the ISS they said that the Shuttle Program was retiring the old shuttle fleet after this up and coming mission?

Are they going to extend the program? I know with the economy the way it is it is real expensive to send them up and the shuttles are so old it is probably a good idea to build a new type of shuttle for the missions to space in the future.

I don’t get to watch NASA much but always have the launch on and the return home! Pardon this if everyone knows the status of the Shuttle Program, I have not heard anything yet about the decommission of the Shuttles yet.

Maybe a short run over to the NASA website is in order here in a bit.

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

No, but this is the final mission to the Hubble Telescope (for the shuttles, at least). There are still about 6 or 7 (?) shuttle missions to the station ahead before the shuttle fleet is retired in 2010.

For the record, I think the retirement of the shuttle fleet is a big mistake.

God do you have enough windows open.:eek:

I do the same thing but have it all on one page at a time. Being a web site designer here I put all my favorite forums on one page in frames so I can go through and get it all on one page.

They all are independent of each other and will allow your to still browse within it’s own frame without messing up the window hence I can look at the forums I visit frequently on one page with my favorite Gold Sponsors as well!

It has room for allot more pages if I wanted them! :up

Just easy for me. :D

If you want the code let me know! You will have to change the pictures I used to your own! I can supply the code and the Java Clock I used at the top!

xxx.youtube.com/watch?v=XyrN2iOgRwY
(Replace the xxx with www above)

K E V I N

Last edited:

I agree, at least not until they have a suitable replacement. We will be heavily relying on the Russians to get supplies and people to and from the ISS. Ironically the Soyuz spacecraft design is older than the shuttle.

I do the same thing but have it all on one page at a time. Being a web site designer here I put all my favorite forums on one page in frames so I can go through and get it all on one page.

They all are independent of each other and will allow your to still browse within it’s own frame without messing up the window hence I can look at the forums I visit frequently on one page with my favorite Gold Sponsors as well!

It has room for allot more pages if I wanted them! :up

Just easy for me. :D

If you want the code let me know! You will have to change the pictures I used to your own! I can supply the code and the Java Clock I used at the top!

xxx.youtube.com/watch?v=XyrN2iOgRwY
(Replace the xxx with www above)

K E V I N

I would love that code if you didn't mind. That's would make my life a lot easier. :)

Totally agree too, with the bugs and quarks about half worked out after what over 20 years it is really starting to be a reliable piece of innovative Technology! Do we really want to start all over with another type of reusable orbiter and all the things that can go wrong so that NASA has to learn what not to do at our astronauts’ expense again?

I think you got to stay with what works and adapt the thing to modern technology as we move along there as we go like we have been. Not to mention if this does go into effect in 2010 how long is that going to put us behind getting something new up there and how long will they have to even test it to make sure it is safe for flight?

It would suck to have to depend on other nations to get to the ISS and other missions we need to take up other than going to the Space Station. I think we can be truly glad that we do not depend on the Shuttle Program to get communication satellites in space. That really would put a damper in a large prospective! Got to love plain old launch rockets and companies like Sea Launch!

I know the Space Shuttle program is an important one, very dangerous every time we take one up and land it safe but we just don’t need another disaster like the STS-51-L Challenger and STS-107 Columbia again or another Apollo 1!

Just hope and pray to God that if it does I will have to shifted off this mortal coil and will not be around to see another one!

Like anything life is a gamble and I am sure we will experience another vehicle failure sometime in the future, after all we are human and we make mistakes!

Just one guys opinions.
:)

God Speed!

Always a wish for a prosperous journey, success, and good fortune!

K E V I N

I do that too but with different browser windows not in the same browser. So I'll pass on the code. But thanks for the offer. :up

I do that too but with different browser windows not in the same browser. So I'll pass on the code. But thanks for the offer. :up

The code will work on all browsers, I wrote it. It does not have to work in IE.

I use it in Linux using KDE using Konqueror, works great there too!

My code is not IE dependent; I am in Windows most of the time on the forums that is why you seen it used in Winders! :D

All of the Sateliteguys Pages are on one page in Iframes! That means I just have one window in the browser open and 8 or 9 pages on one page to look at my favorite fourms at once! Makes it nice!!

SpiffWilkie, get the code I wrote you going? :D

K E V I N

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts