Shuttle Launch on HDNews

barstonetv

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2004
Tune in to LIVE coverage in HD of the Shuttle Discovery Launch on HDNews Channel 9482 on Dish Network beginning at 10:00am eastern.

Having a 942 helps catch up on the some of the VOOM channel movies I wanted to see. However, the list of movies that warrant my attention is rapidly decreasing. At the current rate they are adding new content, I estimate that I will finish VOOM prior to the Labor Day weekend. :no :rolleyes:

I have already dropped the VOOM channels because I dont have a DVR and nothing is on when I am at home. I figure I can add it later if the content improves.

On HDNET too

I noticed that HDNET had it listed from 5am to 10am CT. I went ahead and setup one of my 942s to record it.

On the NASA website, they say HDNET will also broadcast the landing.

I will check out the recording after work.

Watched the launch this morning on HDNEWS. It was awesome. Dave Parker of VOOM gave it lots of color and the 19 HD camera angles really helped. Turned over to HDNET and they were simply carrying the HD version of the NASA broadcast with a spokesman. Turned back to DAve Parker and the VOOM broadcast. Keep up the good work!!

I recorded the entire 5 hours from HDNET. I was going to fire up my pj when they resumed the 9 minute countdown and I went into my office to type a fax for a client and when I came out and checked my monitor, the damned thing had just lifted off. Damn, I was pissed. It didn't seem like I was even gone 9 minutes, they must have resumed the countdown just as I left the room, I missed the liftoff by about 2 minutes. HDNET had replays afteward, which I also missed. Oh well, I had to get some work done anyway. There's always the landing.

I tuned to HDN later on the evening and while they mentioned the lauch, they did not show any footage. I was disappointed.

Cyclone said:
I tuned to HDN later on the evening and while they mentioned the lauch, they did not show any footage. I was disappointed.

HDNET has been showing a 30 minute highlight segment covering the countdown and launch. The next showings are....

July 29: 11:00AM CT
July 31: 12:30PM CT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)