SHVERA & Houston Locals Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PMKS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
South Texas
I'm new here, but I've been a DirecTV customer since 1994. I recently upgraded to a HD IRD.

I'm eligible for the ABC & Fox Network HD feeds. When I activated my DTC210, the DirecTV rep applied for my Fox and ABC "waivers".

After reading the SHVERA Law, I found this:
Off-Air Reception of Analog But Not Digital. If the subscriber is predicted to
receive or can receive a local analog signal off-air but, under new testing rules, does not receive an adequate strength digital signal off-air, the subscriber may receive a distant digital network signal.

Ok, How do I prove this? I live 154 miles from Houston, my Zip code ( population 1700 ) is right on the boundary line for the SD Houston locals from DirecTV. I cannot receive Houston local HD feeds with a off-air antenna where I live.

So according to SHVERA, I should get all the network DNS HD feeds right??
If I can't get my local HD feeds via antenna??

I know DirecTV is planning on adding Houston HD locals in the future, But I'd really like to be able to get DNS HD feeds until that day comes.

Update

A tech with my local Houston NBC affiliate ( KPRC 2 ) told me today that they will approve any NBC HDTV network waiver as long as the person lives greater than 90 miles away, obviously I qualify. He told me to tell DirecTV to file the waiver request with Decisionmark and they would approve it. He claims Decisionmark has the approval to approve ANY waiver applicant who lives greater than 90 miles away.

I called DirecTV back, and their system won't let them file the request. This tech told me the local NBC affiliate should be able to file this for me.... So I called KPRC back and they told me to try contacting Decisionmark.

I tried the Decisionmark web site and couldn't get anywhere. Anyone know how to contact them about this???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)