Signal Acquire Error

jake.haley

Original poster
Nov 9, 2020
Michigan
I recently rearranged my living room set up. I moved my Hopper with Sling from one side of the room to the other. The box worked fine for two days and then Sunday morning the signal went out. I did a hard reset and then it just got stuck on "acquiring signal" screen. I contacted Dish, but they cant come out until End of November. Any suggestion?

I recently rearranged my living room set up. I moved my Hopper with Sling from one side of the room to the other. The box worked fine for two days and then Sunday morning the signal went out. I did a hard reset and then it just got stuck on "acquiring signal" screen. I contacted Dish, but they cant come out until End of November. Any suggestion?

First question is what did you do with the cabling going to the hopper when you moved it? Second question is, I don’t understand how it’s three weeks to get a check sent to your house where most places are slower than normal right now. Three weeks doesn’t happen in the busiest part of the season. Much less when everybody is much slower. That just doesn’t sound right.

First question is what did you do with the cabling going to the hopper when you moved it? Second question is, I don’t understand how it’s three weeks to get a check sent to your house where most places are slower than normal right now. Three weeks doesn’t happen in the busiest part of the season. Much less when everybody is much slower. That just doesn’t sound right.
The Hopper is in the basement living room, so I ran the cables up and through the drop ceiling to the other side. I am very frustrated with the service schedule. The customer service rep and their online scheduling system will not show any available times until after Nov. 24th.

The Hopper is in the basement living room, so I ran the cables up and through the drop ceiling to the other side. I am very frustrated with the service schedule. The customer service rep and their online scheduling system will not show any available times until after Nov. 24th.
I know we have people in the Kalamazoo area because they needed help up there, so not sure what part of MI you're in, but that could be part of the delay. The first thing you want to make sure of is that the cable from the Host Port on the Solo Hub (Or node) is uninterrupted, no splitters and that any connectors are tight, clean, no silver braid wrapped around the stinger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts