cobra55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2005
ky
well i got my new install with the 625, on 9/27, when the installer left
i had a signal of 88 + on all 3 sats, now on 105 i'm getting 40's,i looked
at the dish today and the top bolt is loose and looks like it's about to fall
out, since this is a new install will dish charge me to realign my dish?

E* has been back out twice to resolved issues with my initial install - free of charge. The initial installer completed the job after dark so I didn't notice the system wasn't properly grounded as we has discussed. E* dispatched a tech to complete the grounding within a week. Two months later---when it actually starting raining in my area---I was experiencing rain fade on my 61.5 channels each and every time we experienced bad weather; the signal levels would drop from 102-106 to below 40. While the 110/119 location was installed with a new Dish 500 and LNB, the installer recycled a generic dish for the 61.5 location...which turned out to have been slightly bent and the root cause of my problem. Anyway, the E* tech replaced the defective dish with a brand new Dish 500 and LNB. All work was free of charge and within 90 days of my initial installation. I would call E* and list the discrepancies you have noticed with your initial installation. Also, ask them to dispatch another, more qualified, technician if you are not comfortable with the first installer.

riffjim4069 said:
E* has been back out twice to resolved issues with my initial install - free of charge. The initial installer completed the job after dark so I didn't notice the system wasn't properly grounded as we has discussed. E* dispatched a tech to complete the grounding within a week. Two months later---when it actually starting raining in my area---I was experiencing rain fade on my 61.5 channels each and every time we experienced bad weather; the signal levels would drop from 102-106 to below 40. While the 110/119 location was installed with a new Dish 500 and LNB, the installer recycled a generic dish for the 61.5 location...which turned out to have been slightly bent and the root cause of my problem. Anyway, the E* tech replaced the defective dish with a brand new Dish 500 and LNB. All work was free of charge and within 90 days of my initial installation. I would call E* and list the discrepancies you have noticed with your initial installation. Also, ask them to dispatch another, more qualified, technician if you are not comfortable with the first installer.

my dish is not even grounded, i called dish and told the the problem
her response was "if you have a picture don't worry about the signal
strenth" she also said don't do a check switch w/o calling them first.
what a tech uh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)