signal from ota

H

hockey

Thread Starter
Member
Apr 29, 2004
14
0
ok i can get all of my ota channels but when i go to the anttena input on my tv all i get is snow everything is connected properly i also changed all the bar inputs on the receivers still no luck any ideas ???????
 
A

astrossuperfan

Baseball Junkie
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
239
0
H-town, Tejas
You shouldn't have to change inputs on your TV. The antenna cable plugs into the back of the Voom box, then you can change channels between Voom and OTA just using your Voom receiver.
 
H

hockey

Thread Starter
Member
Apr 29, 2004
14
0
ok i can do that but if the receiver were to go out do to a storm i wont be getting a signal will i. does the stb send a signal to the tv thru the coaxial cable also
 
S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,039
1,738
New York City
hockey said:
ok i can do that but if the receiver were to go out do to a storm i wont be getting a signal will i. does the stb send a signal to the tv thru the coaxial cable also

I believe that if the satellite picture goes out, you still will be able to tune the ota channels.
 
M

mike528

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 30, 2004
78
0
DC area
Sean Mota said:
I believe that if the satellite picture goes out, you still will be able to tune the ota channels.

I have found that to be correct. Just this evening I lost the satellite picture in a very heavy rain storm, but OTA is coming in through the Voom box just fine.
 
H

hockey

Thread Starter
Member
Apr 29, 2004
14
0
i understand that but when i try to use pip all i get is snow any other ideas out there
 
FunkyBoss

FunkyBoss

Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
753
1
Chicagoland, IL
hockey said:
i understand that but when i try to use pip all i get is snow any other ideas out there

You'll probably have to split the line from the antenna and run one end into your Voom box (where it is now) and run the other into your TV's antenna input. But remember, this will only give you the analog channels through the tuner on your TV unless it has a built-in digital tuner. Good luck.
 

Similar threads

C
Replies
8
Views
2K
discodol
D
GLBorchert
Replies
7
Views
2K
GLBorchert
GLBorchert
J
Replies
1
Views
986
Sean Mota
S
D
Replies
5
Views
1K
dailo
D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top