signal from ota

hockey

Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
ok i can get all of my ota channels but when i go to the anttena input on my tv all i get is snow everything is connected properly i also changed all the bar inputs on the receivers still no luck any ideas ???????

You shouldn't have to change inputs on your TV. The antenna cable plugs into the back of the Voom box, then you can change channels between Voom and OTA just using your Voom receiver.

ok i can do that but if the receiver were to go out do to a storm i wont be getting a signal will i. does the stb send a signal to the tv thru the coaxial cable also

hockey said:
ok i can do that but if the receiver were to go out do to a storm i wont be getting a signal will i. does the stb send a signal to the tv thru the coaxial cable also

I believe that if the satellite picture goes out, you still will be able to tune the ota channels.

Sean Mota said:
I believe that if the satellite picture goes out, you still will be able to tune the ota channels.

I have found that to be correct. Just this evening I lost the satellite picture in a very heavy rain storm, but OTA is coming in through the Voom box just fine.

i understand that but when i try to use pip all i get is snow any other ideas out there

hockey said:
i understand that but when i try to use pip all i get is snow any other ideas out there

You'll probably have to split the line from the antenna and run one end into your Voom box (where it is now) and run the other into your TV's antenna input. But remember, this will only give you the analog channels through the tuner on your TV unless it has a built-in digital tuner. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)