SIGNAL~GLASS

THE DISH GUY

Original poster
May 26, 2011
ward ar
I was on a install today with my Trainee, I had to cancel the job today because I counld not do it to code . The customer was wanting it installed inside of a inclosed glass porch on the 11th floor of this apartment building.The system that the work order called for is 211 reciver and a 500+ dish kit with a .4 E.A. N.L.O.S for the E.A. I did have los for the west .My question is that would there be any kid of recieption ~signal issues if I could have installed the system .feed back please,,,

I have never done it personally.. But I have heard of people in New York doing. Can't see why it would matter has long has it was a flat glass.. If it was curved I could see it causing problems..

JonnyF88 said:
I think if its dual pane it wont work. So I have heard.

Correct, I too have heard double pane usually won't work. I did, though, sucessfully install my dish indoors while living in Chicago. Balcony faced the wrong way, I had my dish in my dining room, with a regular old window (ca. 1980s) in front of it. Worked fine! Oddly enough, my wife didn't appreciate it as much as I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts