Signal glitches on KTLA?

ti_yn

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
Every few minutes on the ktla feed, my signal has been having digital outages lasting about 1 second. It's possible that my wiring needs to be repaired, but I've not noticed this on any other channels, so I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing it. Thanks.

Hmm. I view KTLA every weekday morning, and I have not observed any problems. Anyone else out there wish to add observations?

IMHO: there's nothing but glitches on that channel especially the morning news... if i watch it too long i begin to have seizures from my brain shutting down... it is possibly the worse morning news next to Gillian Barbarie (or WTF her names is now)...

Hmm. I view KTLA every weekday morning, and I have not observed any problems. Anyone else out there wish to add observations?

Every few minutes on the ktla feed, my signal has been having digital outages lasting about 1 second. It's possible that my wiring needs to be repaired, but I've not noticed this on any other channels, so I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing it. Thanks.

I don't think its just you, I got a call yesterday about this channel , audio and picture were freezing up. Then it would resolve, happened at guys home and work. Sound like your issue? I reported it as a technical problem to engineering. If you get a chance, call a tsr and have them do the same so they know its happening.

Yeah, that sounds about the same. It was still doing it this morning. Isn't there a "dishquality" e-mail address for reporting that kind of stuff?

And by the way, the Today show and The Daily Buzz are pretty frickin' awful...

Related because I know they KTLA and KDOC share a tower, has anybody else noticed, or even watches, OTA channel 56?

Beginning exactly two weeks ago, tomorrow, Friday the signal level dropped below a stable level. Both my 211 and 622 show the same thing.

I called the tech dept Monday after I noticed the drop and they mentioned there was a problem but had fixed it.

Mine has audio drop outs every so often. I don't know what it is. I've only really noticed it on this channel and Showtime which is DD. For a few seconds the audio will drop out but will come back and work fine for the most part. Maybe does this once or twice a show. I don't know if it's KTLA or my reciever or what.

IMHO: there's nothing but glitches on that channel especially the morning news... if i watch it too long i begin to have seizures from my brain shutting down... it is possibly the worse morning news next to Gillian Barbarie (or WTF her names is now)...

Well, it is KTLA we are talking about. Let's not dismiss that fact that this could be the result of cheap-o channel 5 (a Tribune tight-wad station) regular standard of technical professionalism. It always seems to haveLOTS of glitches and audio snafu's as part of its broadcast day;) I believe they still have the lowest pay for reporters compared with all other LA locals (perhaps 13 is lower pay). KTLA is where the old has-beens go to die.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)