Signal goes to only one TV

tanglefoot

Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
I moved my TV and DVR receiver to a different wall yesterday, but I was careful to label each coax connection and replace them carefully. Upon completing the move, I tried the #2 TV, and it worked fine. Then I tried #1, and it also worked perfectly. But today I tried to record a program on TV#2 while watching TV#1, and the guide on TV#1 showed the program being recorded on TV#2, but the red indicator light would not come on. So I went to TV#2 and turned it on. It was searching for a signal. When it found the satellite, TV#1 lost its signal and went into the search mode. I am assuming there is something connected wrong. Any ideas?
Butch

I'm not sure what connections you have on the back of your receiver. Did you have one cable coming from the satellite to a seperator and then two short cables to each satellite conection on the receiver OR did you have two cables from the dish to each satellite in port on the receiver? Also, how did you extend the cables to the other side of the room? If you used under-rated cables, you may have burned them out causing only one tuner to work at a time. This would have worked initially, but would eventually fail. If you can give us more details on your setup that will help us to help you out!

Thanks for the info. My setup has two cables coming from the dish to the receiver. The move shortened the two cables enough that I used one cutting to splice the single cable to TV#2.

Could this problem be caused by faulty connectors? How can I be sure I'm buying coax and connectors that are reliable?
Butch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)