Signal looking..... Well Not right to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MacDawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hey guys. Is this correct? I was just doing a signal check on my DVR's. And this is what is showing on them. Please check out the picture. Been a few years since I checked the signals. Don't seem to be having any issues on channels. But this just don't sit well with me. Thanks everybody.

Attachments

• 2010-08-22_15-14-58_192.jpg
    2010-08-22_15-14-58_192.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 201
Hey guys. Is this correct? I was just doing a signal check on my DVR's. And this is what is showing on them. Please check out the picture. Been a few years since I checked the signals. Don't seem to be having any issues on channels. But this just don't sit well with me. Thanks everybody.

well first thing ... what recvr do you have ...a while back dtv has issued new software that is suppose to help with the integrity of their installs ... the recvr has to pass these test before activation...in general i think ... some transponders have to be above 87 or so or above to get rid of the x & pass the test...... this may mean that some of your transponders or not high enough...check it out ....the higher sigs you have the better the rain fade issue... the 99 & 103 need to be in the mid 90's to combat rain fade well...

if your low transponders or in the low 90's you are good

Do you have the Protection Plan? If so, no problem; call Directv.

If no PP; the dish most likely only needs re-peaking. But if that doesn't do it, you may need a new lnb.

I ran into that same issue a month or so ago when changing my system from SWM back to a conventional setup. Knocked my head into the wall for several hours trying to figure out what was wrong, as it was only happening on one receiver (and HR21). I tried changing everything in sight -- first the BBCs, then the LNB, then the cables. Nothing would eliminate the error during setup. Then I read something here where people were saying this was a known problem with some receivers, and that it was erroneous information.

So I just proceeded through the setup, and indeed that seemed to be the case. The receiver works fine. No missing channels, and if I go to the satellite test menus, it shows plenty of signal on every satellite. Strange but true.

Thanks for the assist. I called Tech Support this morning. They said that I dont rcv programing off those Satty's so they will not come in. All my channels come in fine. So I guess I will just sit back and see what happens when Football season starts. Thanks Everybody!

Thanks for the assist. I called Tech Support this morning. They said that I dont rcv programing off those Satty's so they will not come in. All my channels come in fine. So I guess I will just sit back and see what happens when Football season starts. Thanks Everybody!

Do you have hd? If so, you get channels from those satellites. However, the failures you show aren't necessarily there. I get them on my HR20, but all channels come in fine. There have been other similar reports of test failures where there isn't any problem.

That test screen has been buggy since the day it was added. If you want to check it fully go to the signal strength screen and make sure that the first row of each sat that you are pointed to doesn't have 0 as every other number. From there as long as your numbers are good (prefer 90s) then you're ok.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)