Signal loss means error message while viewing a previously recorded show (722)

horseflesh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2003
We're having some bad weather here in the Seattle area and I have noticed something that is really irritating.

If I am watching a previously recorded show and the sat signal is lost during viewing, my 722 interrupts the show to tell me. I have to escape from the signal loss message, get back to the show, and rewind to see what I missed.

It doesn't even do me the courtesy of pausing the playback!

Is there a way to change this behavior? It seems nuts to be unable to watch OLD shows because the weather is bad.

I've complained about that message before, and they just need to make it go away. I guess they could let it come up once, and then leave you alone after that. I had one OTA channel that was weak but was more or less watchable on my old OTA tuner, as long as you could deal with the occasional signal hiccups. With my Dish receivers that channel is unwatchable because that message is constantly coming up and needs cleared each time. Talk about adding insult to injury!

I'm not sure, but if you change the channel to a sat channel, not OTA, then start watching your pre-recorded show, you won't get that message any more. That seemed to work for me.

When this happened to me the weather was so bad that I was losing 110--the 722 was not on OTA when I started watching a recording. Next time this happens I will verify that though, and I will check the PIP settings.

Thanks all, at least I wasn't imagining it!

The same behavior occurs on the ViP211 recording off OTA while watching a prerecorded item of the EHD.

I haven't had the chance to find out if it happens when losing the actual satellite signal yet.

I can be watching a DVR'd program on my ViP722s, and I'll get the message that the satellite signal has been lost on 61.5. Always seems to be 61.5. I think hitting cancel works.

Annoying, but not too bad. It would seem to be an easy one to fix. I suspect someone in programming made another change, and inadvertently skipped past the check to see if program onscreen is from DVR, then do not display error msg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts