Signal loss on 110?

larsh74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2006
I have a customer that is losing signal quality on satellite 110 even transponders only. The customer has one 522 and two 510's. They are all showing the same problem. Some of the even transponders on 110 have strength around 40 and are causing the system to lose picture but still have audio.

I tried reaiming the dish, replacing the LNB and the switch but had no luck. I also switched the 110 and 105 cables (105 no longer being used) between the dish and switch but still got the same results. Has anyone ever seen this or similar problems?

Loss of even transponders is usually a problem with cable, connectors, or barrel connectors. You already replaced the cables, did you check your connectors?

There are some other folks who are experiencing this... including me..
search the archive for "508 110" and you will find some threads.

Very frustrating, some times I get even, other odd, and my 501 box works just fine.

The problem with receivers losing 110 is specific to the 5xx series that have software P3.08. Software update P3.09 fixes the problem. I see that the customer has a 522 and that one is also having the problem.

I'm experiencing the same thing w/ a 508 BUT with a Dish 1000 DPP lnb. I thought it was the DPP - now I'll go check my SW ver.!!!

I've been getting this too. I have a 721 but it's only out for a two or three seconds then comes back in.

mlinuxg said:
I've been getting this too. I have a 721 but it's only out for a two or three seconds then comes back in.

Same here with our 721. We were watching the local news one evening and it just dropped out completely for 10-30 seconds. It has only happened once that I'm aware of. I did a point dish and there was absolutely zero signal on any of the transponders for 110. After 30 seconds or so it was back.

The software was version 3.09 on both of the 510's. I am not sure what SW version is on the 522 though. I suppose it could be the cables that are connecting each of the 510's to the switch. Both of these cables were existing cables at the time of installation. I will post and let everyone know what the problem is if I am able to find it. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)