Signal Loss on HD Channel

pitbull2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 13, 2004
So a couple weeks ago I started losing signal on some HD channels. The message on screen is 'Signal Loss on HD Channel' and it switches the channel to SD. The HD channel works for a minute or 2 before it switches. I ran a Check Status test a few times and the error reported is either Port 3: No Signal or Port 3: Low Signal. I'm not sure why this started all of a sudden but there is a tree nearby that may have grown enough that it is interfering with the signal. Is there anything else I can do before scheduling someone to come out and realign or move the dish?

That was my first thought but I'm not sure which branch is blocking. I suppose I could try pinning back each branch until I get a clear signal. Then I will know for sure where to start cutting.

So I did have to have the dish moved but the tech told me that the problem was not my tree but rather the very large bush at the house across the street. The pole that the dish was on was just too short to clear the bush so the tech attached the dish to the side of the porch roof. My sat 129 signal went from les than 20 to about 50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)