Signal loss on some channels

chuckster_dude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I have a 722k VIP and Flex Pack with locals. There are some channels that produce a Complete Signal Loss error even on a clear day and I have a clear line of sight (no trees, nothing in the way). It's a mix of HD and SD channels including DISH Studio (102), EVINE (134), GAC (165), PIXL (388), some of the SD shopping channels above 218, all of the NBA free League Pass preview channels in HD, and WeatherNation (215) in HD (it always flips to the SD).

Is this likely to be a LNB issue? A need to have the dish itself re-pointed? A smart card issue?

I appreciate any insight and advice on this. Thanks!

I have a 722k VIP and Flex Pack with locals. There are some channels that produce a Complete Signal Loss error even on a clear day and I have a clear line of sight (no trees, nothing in the way). It's a mix of HD and SD channels including DISH Studio (102), EVINE (134), GAC (165), PIXL (388), some of the SD shopping channels above 218, all of the NBA free League Pass preview channels in HD, and WeatherNation (215) in HD (it always flips to the SD).

Is this likely to be a LNB issue? A need to have the dish itself re-pointed? A smart card issue?

I appreciate any insight and advice on this. Thanks!
Which satellites are you aimed at? What are you getting for signal strength? How long has the 722K been in use?

Which satellites are you aimed at? What are you getting for signal strength? How long has the 722K been in use?

I'm pointed at 61.5 and 72. Right now, I can't seem to get any SD channels but there is rain nearby.

I've had the box and dish/LNB for about 6-7 years or so.

happens to me too the locals just disappear for couple hours,
weird but the info says dish aware of it, and channels will be back as soon as can.

not all the locals disappear at same time, just some and then reappear several hours later.

That is a canned message. Don’t take it seriously because most of the time it’s a problem and that is just the message that is displayed by the hopper. It will also show that message if you are saying, pointed at Eastern arc, but your check switch is set to Western Arc And vice a versa and you’re trying to pick up a local channel

I had issues with my 722 last year losing signal and pixelating. It got worse over time. It turned out to be a tuner going bad. Had to replace the box.

I chatted with DISH and they sent a tech out to investigate. The tech showed up 90 minutes earlier than scheduled (yes, early). He replaced the dish/reflector and the LNB because they were older pieces and that fixed the problem. All channels now come in.

DISH tried to upgrade me to a Hopper Duo and I declined because of the higher DVR fee and I like what I have.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts