signal loss splash screen when tuned to OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
hi. it really never happens, but when i get signal loss from a really bad storm, a complete signal loss screen pops up, so when i tune to an OTA channel, the screen loss box is still there. there is no way to get rid of it. behind it the pop-up my show is playing fine
thanks for any ideas....
joe

You know i seem to recall that same issue years ago on a 722. Funny how the same problem pops up over and again. Sorry, no ideas.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: voodooevil
hi. it really never happens, but when i get signal loss from a really bad storm, a complete signal loss screen pops up, so when i tune to an OTA channel, the screen loss box is still there. there is no way to get rid of it. behind it the pop-up my show is playing fine
thanks for any ideas....
joe
Dish has setup there receiver's so you can't get your OTA's without a sat signal for what ever there reasons are.This is not a software bug or a flaw Dish has set it up this way I repeat for what ever there reasons are.

thanks for any ideas....
joe
Next time it happens go to Menu, Guide, and then select one of your OTA channels.

thanks for any ideas....
joe
Dish has setup there receiver's so you can't get your OTA's without a sat signal for what ever there reasons are.This is not a software bug or a flaw Dish has set it up this way I repeat for what ever there reasons are.
Next time it happens go to Menu, Guide, and then select one of your OTA channels.
I will tweak my statement [you cant get your OTAs and enjoyably watch them without a sat signal].Looking at a no sat signal warning with a show in the back ground is about the same thing in my book as not getting them at all.Its still a on purpose thing by Dish.

Well at least they don't have THEIR receivers....

This seems really dumb since it is during satellite signal loss periods that you most need your OTA channels.

Yep, I hear ya. OTA still works for me during SAT signal loss, but the only way I can get to an OTA channel is by going to Menu, select the Guide, then select the channel.
Most people don't know this work around though,look for that to change since the cats out of the bag now and dish will make it not work lol.....

I have always been able to switch to OTA using menu guide.
Me too, but getting to the Guide was my issue back when I had 722ks and now HWSs. When I pressed the Guide button on the 40.0 remote it did not work for me during a SAT signal loss. I could only get to it by going to Menu and then select Guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts