Signal Losses Sporadic

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikemorin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Southern Indiana
I did an install at a office location for a customer which is a 722, he's telling me that sometimes it comes up signal has been lost, but only does it when he switches channels. Its a 1000.2 dish w/ 722 receiver setup, the cable is all new from dish to receiver, i've changed lnbs outside and also swapped the receiver once already. any ideas??

Yep, I had exactly the same symptom this week. 'Searching' intermittently, when he changes channels. I did everything -- replaced all connectors, changed positions on the switch, swapped the receiver. He has three receivers, two of which are 612's, and this 612 is the only one with the symptom. And this receiver had been swapped before for this, on one of the three prior tech's recalls here.

I know he's going to call back and slap me with a trouble call. (recall)

Funny that I just did a search for this very problem I am having too but it did not find this post. Was going to post the same question but them I stumbled onto this post. I have a 612 and sometimes changing channels gives me the same brief searching screen. It does it more often if I switch between a SD and HD channel but even does it sometimes with a SD to SD channel. The picture does always come on it is just it does not lock in right away. The other three 510's don't do this.

I was hoping that the last software fix would have fixed this since it did not do at first when 6.02 was released.

yeah ive racked my brain on this one, replaced the receiver once, the lnb, and changed ports on the lnb, only thing left i havent done is replace my wire that i ran brand new from the original install. I noticed it does this more often on the 222's and 322's on pro plus lnbs. no idea why but i've noticed it. also if you keep an eye on your check switch the numbers need to change basically at the same time together or something isn't right.

-Mike

I did an install at a office location for a customer which is a 722, he's telling me that sometimes it comes up signal has been lost, but only does it when he switches channels. Its a 1000.2 dish w/ 722 receiver setup, the cable is all new from dish to receiver, i've changed lnbs outside and also swapped the receiver once already. any ideas??

I started receiving the same results in the last couple days on my Locals. If you push the select button on the remote you get the pic again, but then it can drop out again. It must be software, because I am only having this problem on my 722, not the 211.

1. The picture always comes back.
2. No I don't have any antenna connected for OTA. OTA makes my receiver more unstable and also my OTA reception in Brooklyn is terrible to begin with.

Oh well, blows my theory. My OTA will cause the same problem & i'm able to correct it w/ a work around for that.

Sorry, thought I could help...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)