Signal Problem with 119/110/129

gwduker

Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Suring, WI
Hey Guys,
I have read several posts here dealing with my problem, have tried some of the suggestions, but my problem persists. I have a Dish 500, DPP Twin, and a 301 reciever, and am using a single cable. I get a good signal on 119, 78-82, and 68-72 on 110, but it will not lock onto 110. I have a signal strength of 34 on 129 and it will lock on that, but I need 110. I was advised to raise my elevation a bit which I did giving me a stronger signal on 110 and lowering 129, but it still won't lock on 110. What am I missing/doing wrong? The reciever is one I use at home and take up to our cottage when we go, so I know the reciever is good.

I have tried putting a DP-34 switch between the DPP and reciever using two lines with no effect.

Thanks,
Gene

Your dish 500 is out of alignment. The dish 500 only sees 2 satellites 110 & 119 if you are locking on 129 you are aimed too far west the 110 LNB is picking up 119 and the 119 LNB is picking up 129.

Thanks for the reply. I thought this and slowly swung the dish east. I started to lose signal on 119 all together. Should I have continued moving it east until I got signal back on 119?

I pointed my dish at home and didin't have any of this sort of trouble, actually got it in like 5 minutes. Must of been lucky that day... :)

Thanks again,
Gene

It does aound like you are too far east if your D500 is picking up 129 at all.
As a rule of thumb, I point most of my dishes using the 119 & move the dish from east to west, starting from outside the satellite window (no signal at all). Also try covering up the 110 lens while you're pointing so you don't get feed off the wrong lens.
If I recall, the satellite window is only something like 3* off center. The Point Dish screen will give you approx dish skew/elev settings to help if you input your local zipcode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)