Signal Problems in Chicago

Yep, you probably had snow build up. I have D* and started to loose some channels, no satellite signal, starting about 7:45 out in Mundelein. The dish and LNB's had a nice coating of wet/heavy snow on then, brushed it off and all was well again.

I went outside and took the snow off the dish and still could not watch TV until about 1:30 in the morning. My signal on most of my transponders for 110/119 is about 70 or 80 where my 61.5 is at 125 on almost all transponders. Should I have E* come out to re aim the dish or do you think they wont since it's above 70?

lilexecutioner said:
I went outside and took the snow off the dish and still could not watch TV until about 1:30 in the morning. My signal on most of my transponders for 110/119 is about 70 or 80 where my 61.5 is at 125 on almost all transponders. Should I have E* come out to re aim the dish or do you think they wont since it's above 70?

Yep, 70<->80 on E* is on the low side.

First time posting so be kind if this has been answered before. Anyone know what satellite is required to receive all this new (Feb-1) HD programing?

I just had Dish 1000 installed and have 129 with a 811 receiver. Am I going to need a 211 receiver to get the new HD coming on Feb 1? I am most interested in getting HD locals which I don't get now. I'm to far from the antena to get "Over Air" HD.

lilexecutioner said:
I believe you need 129. But I also believe you can only get it with a Dish 1000 if I am wrong someone please correct me.
You are hereby corrected. A Dish1000 is convienent, but ANY E* LNB and pan will work.

Of course, said LNB must match with the rest of your configuration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts