Signal Problems with ODD transponders ONLY

dhoorundher

Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
I have a Dish500 system with two 301s connected via a DP-34 switch. Everything had been working fine for months until a wiered problem started happening last week.

I am not receiving channels which are on ODD transponders, no matter what satellitle, both 110 and 119. Here's what I have done so far in trying to troubleshoot:

1) Took the receiver to another Dish500 system and it works fine....get all channels.....that come on ODD and EVEN transponders.

2) Swapped the DP-34 with a SW-21, got the same problem....only EVEN transponders respond.

3) Until a couple of days ago, even though the channels were not showing up, a signal check of ODD transponders would be around 120%. Since I swapped the SW-21 and now back to DP-34, I do not get any signal on the ODD transponders

4) Re-alinged the satellite.

I have read several postings on this subject and none of them point to a LNB problem, so I have not tried that yet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

You have eliminated all the possibilities of a problem except the LNB or the coax to it. When you swapped switches did you do change the connection at the dish or is the same coax still in place between the dish and the switch? If the cable hasn't been changed then that would be my suspect. If the lead in cable has been changed then something in the LNB must have failed. Maybe the diode switch. Tapping on the LNB may help but it should be replaced if that is where the problem is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts