Signal search map on Rabbitears doesn't work anymore.

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Trip I'm trying to run a new signal search on your map on Rabbitears. I insert the coordinates (in Decimal) BUT, the "Go" button will not go live, no matter what I try. I've tried in Firefox, and in Chrome. Neither will work.

Is something going on? It's always worked before.

Trip I'm trying to run a new signal search on your map on Rabbitears. I insert the coordinates (in Decimal) BUT, the "Go" button will not go live, no matter what I try. I've tried in Firefox, and in Chrome. Neither will work.

Is something going on? It's always worked before.
Agreed. I swear I was just using this last week or so...?

Yup as I type this Trip is busy moving the data to a new server. :)
wagon3.jpg

I'm not quite sure how much more I could have done besides the large red print at the top of the page, right below the logo. The Blog post linked in said red print indicates that the Signal Search Map will be disabled while the move is taking place.

- Trip
Sorry, never saw that "large red print" on the top of the page. Must have glossed over it, sorry.

I heard Sherlock Holmes once said: "We SEE, but we do not OBSERVE". lol

I missed it as well but tend to focus on just what I am looking for and sometimes disregard anything that isn't what I am expecting to see on a page. I guess the important thing is that although you lost your old host you have found a way to move forward. Your info is so helpful and I am glad it will still be there for all of us. Thank you! :hatsoff

Anyone here particularly good with PHP and want to lend me a hand? I had planned to upgrade to PHP 8.0 from 7.4 as part of the process, but doing so ended up breaking the site pretty badly, and I can't figure out why. I rolled it back to 7.4 to make it all work.

Files are still copying. I don't know if the Live Bandscan will be up again tonight or not. I'm hoping the Signal Search Map will be.

- Trip

Reactions: Redbullsnation
Signal Search Map was restored last night. Live Bandscan is now logging data as of this morning, but the map interface doesn't function yet. Until that is resolved, you can still view results from the Mobile page. RabbitEars Mobile

I know the Blog isn't quite working properly and that's probably one of my next tasks, but otherwise, I think I'm really close to being back to normal. If anyone spots anything else not working, please let me know!

(And, as noted above, if someone has the skill to help me figure out why one key piece of code broke when I moved from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.0, I would greatly appreciate it.)

- Trip