Signal Splitter

M

mfegley

Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2005
I'm going to be installing a dish at my new vacation home. It is already wired for satellite, however, I'm going to need a signal splitter to take the signal and split it to the three cables going into the house. What is the best way to handle this?

al

al

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 3, 2004
Montgomery City, MO
Please be more specific regarding your satellite carrier, the type of receivers (DVR, dual tuner, etc...), the number of receivers, the dish antenna, etc... so your question can be answered properly.

Alan

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
mfegley said:
I'm going to be installing a dish at my new vacation home. It is already wired for satellite, however, I'm going to need a signal splitter to take the signal and split it to the three cables going into the house. What is the best way to handle this?

you can't split the satellite signal from the dish. You need one line from the dish to each receiver

M

mfegley

Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2005
There are three coaxes going into the house. I don't know which serves which room. I am only going to have one receiver, but I want to ensure that each outlet gets a signal. It is going to be a D* receiver with a standard def tv.

al

al

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 3, 2004
Montgomery City, MO
If you are using 18" dish, you will need a 4 way multiswitch in order to have a hook up for each room. If you are using a Phase 3 or AT9 antenna, you will connect cables directly to antenna, as both P3 and AT9 dishes have 4 connections.

Al