signal strength help.

fclt1981

Original poster
May 20, 2010
colombia
Dear All,

I am in north South america and am receiveing 72.7 dish netwrork programming with a 2.4 dish antenna I molded out of an original offset antenna. I am getting 20-26 signal strength on most transponders, a few at 13-14 and some will go from 7-12 during the day. When Transponder 19 is at 23 signal strength (it depends on the day and other factors) I get almost all channels. I am using a Aspen LNB and want to know what I can do to get some more strength especially in the weaker channels.

Can the ivacom lnb help to get a couple of points? I think I got the focal point ok but i had to measure it from an atenna that was already setup and am not sure if it is ok. how can I tell if the lnb angle(facing dish) is correct? If it is at the right length?

If I increase the antenna to 3mts how do I calculate the focal point? would it be at the same place as this one but farther back?

it was my understanding that this only helped when you hd loss because of cable runs... is this correct or am i mistaken. which would be a good choice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts