Signal Strength, Lazy Installer?

Hmm, I can almost guarantee you it's a bad box, you can hook up component (the red blue green) see if it makes a difference, but like I said, most likely a bad receiver. Was the first tech a subcontractor? There was a red flag when he tried to bs you, you should have kicked him out on the spot.

Not all of us sub contractors are that way, you make us all look bad. Dish installers BS too.

Thanks for all the activity. I called Dish and they are sending out a new box and hopefully that will fix the problem, but after hearing that it might be a bad cable from the dish to the receiver I am a little worried as the initial installer had to do quite a bit of pulling and tugging to run the cable.

Just to clear things up, I have the HDTV settings one 16x9, 1080i, and Offair (but i will admit I have no idea what analog type does)

I have tried 3 different HDMI cables with none of them making it any better and I hooked up my computer and watched Tron Legacy in 1080p last night on the TV (with my main HDMI cable) and it looked perfect.

I hope the box will fix the problem but if anyone has any other suggestions I would like to hear them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts