Signal Strength on 129 (Dish 1000 and Dish 1000.2 only)

Randall, for reference, my signal did not improve. These numbers were obtained using a model 625 receiver, sw version L414G. perhaps the new sw just recalibrates the signal strength meter?

Attachments

• transponder.pdf
    10.5 KB · Views: 130
Randall, for reference, my signal did not improve. These numbers were obtained using a model 625 receiver, sw version L414G. perhaps the new sw just recalibrates the signal strength meter?

Bill, the improved numbers are with the new software update L4.01 for the 622. My numbers didn't improve on my 211, they are the same too.:)

I seem to lose my 129 signals when it rains. It shows about 56-58 when its clear. The other two sats show 91 on one and 105 on the other, so I don't know if I can improve that or not.

Its currently raining here in Colorado and I have no signal on 129 at all. Should I even bother calling Dish and letting them know? Not sure what good it will do.

Jeff

Sorry to hear that Jeff. From what we discussed, you pretty much peaked your dish. Your other option is to complain to E* everytime it rains and see if dish installs a second dish for you. That is of course, if you want a second dish.:(

When you guys were talking about doing a mirror image. When the Super Dish went away last May here in SC (locals on 105) they did a mirror image from the 105 sat to the 119 and now the locals are on 119. I don't see why it would be so hard to mirror from 1 sat to another now.

Sorry to hear that Jeff. From what we discussed, you pretty much peaked your dish. Your other option is to complain to E* everytime it rains and see if dish installs a second dish for you. That is of course, if you want a second dish.:(

Thanks Randall, Problem is or maybe its a good thing - we don't get much rain here in Colorado and for some reason snow clouds don't effect my signal much. I did start pulling in signals in the high 40's later last night off 129 and was able to watch some HD programming. Since Dish braggs so much about their HD supremacy I would think they would try and launch a 129 replacement sooner than 2 years from now.

Jeff

I don't know why they don't just use the spare up there doing nothing : Echostar 6 I think it is called. They have it up at 119 as a spare incase they need it. Why not move it to 129 and move the wobbly one to 119 as the spare.

Better yet mirror the hd channels to the 148 sat for the west coast and who ever can see it, and you would get hd for everyone till they can fix the 129 sat. They mirror international channels to 121, 61.5 ,148 and now 118 why not do the same for hd national channels on 61.5 , 129 and 148? Especialy since they can get upto 6 hd channels in mpeg 4 on one transponder now. IT shouldn't be that hard to mirror them to 148 and fix the problems for NOW.

Or for that matter, just mirror the hd to 118.5 and let us get it from that one instead. I understand why they have one at 119 as a spare, but for crying out loud, they charge a lot for the HD channel package and only 2/3rds of the subs can get a decent signal from their defective sat.

Yeah, the new software seems to improve my numbers also...I have attached them for reference.

Attachments

• 1000-2 Signal Stengths.pdf
    5 KB · Views: 146
Yeah, the new software seems to improve my numbers also...I have attached them for reference.

Have your numbers stayed that high or have they dropped again later in the day when the satellite wobbels? I have good readings on my 129 sat during certain times and then they drop down as the satellite wobbels.

I just checked them again, and they have gone down by about 5 to 8 points from what I posted earlier, but they are still higher than my old values.

I'd give a lot to get the numbers you guys are getting off of 129 now. I'm doing amazingly great if a TP hits the low 70s... :mad:

In our neck of the woods there are only limited choices when it comes to getting a reliable signal from 129.

1. Get a large (30") dedicated dish for 129.
2. Forget 129 and Repoint to 61.5 - if terrain allows.
4. Live with the dropouts.

#2 isn't an option where I live, I stuck with #4 for a year but finally gave up and went with #1.

NightRyder

Dish Type: Dish 1000
Receiver: Vip211
Switch: DP34

6-44
11-51
19-63
22-46
23-51
27-50
30-58
31-78

Looks like it might be time to re-peak the dish, with those numbers and Spring storms coming.
11-83

11-82
Just finished the re-peak:

6-53
11-59
19-84
22-57
23-61
27-61
30-80
31-91

11-90

11-102

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)