Signal Strength on 129 (Dish 1000 and Dish 1000.2 only)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Out of curiousity, what is needed and what kind of costs are associated with adding a dedicated 129 dish?

You could get a D500 or D300 with a dual DP LNB and add it to your switch or LNB. Do you have a switch? How many receivers?

We'll need a bit of more information to give you details but for starters a D500 or D300 is needed.

These are my signals. There was no 19 on 129 for some reason. Normally there is.

Attachments

• Satellite_signals.pdf
    71.8 KB · Views: 173
what all national HD channels come from 61.5?

Most of them. The same ones are also on 129.

All 15 Voom, A&E, ESPN2, NFL, Universal, National Geographic, Starz, Home & Garden, Food.

There is also a HD demo channel, which I think is only on 61.5.

just had my 622 and dish 1000.2 installed over the weekend. i'm currently getting all the channels including HD ones and i'm able to see all three satellite 129,110,129 via check switch. however after the check switch is done and i went back to the previous screen (point dish) it gave me a red bar whenever the satellite points to 129. from reading this thread i think i have to match up the corresponding transponder in order to get signal strength for 129 correct? also, how come the point dish check different satellites even though i kept my tv on the same channel. thanks a lot, i'm a 1st timer dish user so any help would be appreciated.

You might want to post of an average of your readings....as we all know the 129 readings fluctuate as the bird wobbles around.

Wobbles awound like the wounded bird it is. And big HMO charlie wont approve the "operation" to fix that bird's bumb leg.

You can't control what Transponder to use. Dish Network controls that so just forget about it. Now to the red bar whenever you select 129, does it show a message "Wrong satellite Echostar 119". If that's the case then your dish is not aimed correctly and needs to be repeaked. The 129 eye is seeing the 119 satellite.

You can't control what Transponder to use. Dish Network controls that so just forget about it. Now to the red bar whenever you select 129, does it show a message "Wrong satellite Echostar 119". If that's the case then your dish is not aimed correctly and needs to be repeaked. The 129 eye is seeing the 119 satellite.

thanks, i wasn't paid attention whether it's pointed to 119 or not, i just remember seeing the "wrong satellite" part. so far i'm getting all the HD channels from 129 so i would assume it aimed correctly, true? i did not really "selected" 129, it's all random, sometime it's the 119 they testing but sometime it's the 129 but never the 110:confused: . i asked the dish network tech support they said they test the satellite broadcast the last channel i was watching. but i kept the same channel and every time it tests different satellite. remember this is when i hit the "done" button after i did the check switch not the 1st time i enter the "point dish" screen.

"so far i'm getting all the HD channels from 129 so i would assume it aimed correctly, true?"

Sorry I missed that. Yes, that means the dish is aimed correctly.

When you go into the Point Dish screen it would normally show the satellite and transponder of the channel you were watching last. However, with the last software update that was screwed up. I think it's back to normal but some of us have some strange behavior when looking at signals on 129 with a dish 1000.2 and the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts