signal strength problems

mvitoff

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
As of this morning my signal strength is a dismal 71-76. I live in west central Florida and usually my signal is 86 or so. the installer has been out 3 times and says I can't get a stronger signal than that where I live. There are no trees or anything blocking it. Do signal strengths vary that much during the day or is it something else. Dish is securely tightened no wind here or any clouds. may be I need to aim myself all I need to know is exactly where to aim.

What's your city? I have a small program that I used to tell my installer where to aim. It will tell you your azimuth and elevation based on your area. Or I can send it to ya!

You should have a better signal than that with just small fluctuations.

Yes, 90+ should be the norm... You need to use the meter in the VOOM option settings. He was probably using his own meter. In order to do this. You need two people one at the TV and another at the roof communicating while the adjustment goes on. The meter in the VOOM stb should give you a good indication.

What about the two different meters for the OTA programming? There is one called signal power and one called signal strength/quality (or something like that - I'm at work now). Which should I be using and what is the norm for OTA signal strength?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)