Signal strength-spotbm 03/61.5-Flint,MI.?

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
I recently had a 1000.4 installed and it's working great but I have a question. The Flint/Saginaw/Bay City, MI. HD locals are on spotbeam 03 @ 61.5 and I only get 32-35 for signal strength. All the regular tps run 55-60 and the 01 spotbeam is 75-80. There is NOTHING in the way of LOS. It hasn't caused me a problem so far but I just wonder why it's so low. Anybody else out there getting the Flint locals on 61.5?:confused: If so please let me know what kind of ss you're getting.
Thanks!

Ed

That spotbeam is quite weak on the sat itself. Detroit locals come off of it as well and we (as installers) are lucky to get it into the mid 30s. It sounds like your signals are peaked judging from the other numbers you provided. Hopefully something will be done about it 'soon'. ;)

That spotbeam is quite weak on the sat itself. Detroit locals come off of it as well and we (as installers) are lucky to get it into the mid 30s. It sounds like your signals are peaked judging from the other numbers you provided. Hopefully something will be done about it 'soon'. ;)

Thanks for your reply-appreciate it. Yeah, I'm confident it's peaked, had a great installer!

Ed

I recently had a 1000.4 installed and it's working great but I have a question. The Flint/Saginaw/Bay City, MI. HD locals are on spotbeam 03 @ 61.5 and I only get 32-35 for signal strength. All the regular tps run 55-60 and the 01 spotbeam is 75-80. There is NOTHING in the way of LOS. It hasn't caused me a problem so far but I just wonder why it's so low. Anybody else out there getting the Flint locals on 61.5?:confused: If so please let me know what kind of ss you're getting.
Thanks!

Ed

I installed a 90cm dish, mostly because of this WEAK spotbeam. I'm in mid Michigan north of you, and even with a 90cm dish dedicated to 61.5, I only get this spotbeam at about 49% on my 622 receiver. So, you could install a dedicated larger dish, but I only gained 10 points over a Dish 500 sized dish, even though the dish is a lot larger.

I have no problems with TP 1 on the same beam. I suspect Dish has lowered the power on certain TPs on this beam to shrink the beams and save power. Echostar 12/Rainbow1 is not the healthiest sat.

here in South Lyon Michigan. spot beam # 3 on 61.5 is 25-27..Its REALLY REALLY REALLY bad!!
having my phone ring off the hook ever time it rains!
switched some customers that had NO H.D programming back to Western Arc.,just so they would not quit and give me a charge back!

I hope Dish Knows about this issue and FIX THE PROBLEM !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)