signal strength

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
i live in abilene tx and had to move my 1000.2 dish due to electrical upgrade . did it myself and now the peak signal on 110 is 52. is this suffient ? iworked with all three adjustment points and this was the best i could do thanks.

talked to two dish installers in town and was told that 50s were the best i could expect. this does not sound right if you guys are getting 70 and 80s .does anyone know? 50 is on best transponder. most are in the 30s.

dish did a software update couple years ago, 60's are normal
119 transponder 16 atleast 61,
110 transponder 16 atleast 61
129 transponder (cant remember) around 40-45

sisnal strength

there is a tree at the bottom of the dish arc. and i am getting a high of 50 . if i move dish due north 30ft will this help me to clear tree or will it still be a problem? i get a lot of rain fade and am trying to solve it .two local installers tell me that 50 is normal for this area, but i find this hard to belive. i get 75 on my 61.5 dish pointed to the east with no trees. my neighbor has direct tv and has no problem with rain fade. i am tryimg to stay with dish, but may have to change if i cannot fix problem.

there is a tree at the bottom of the dish arc. and i am getting a high of 50 . if i move dish due north 30ft will this help me to clear tree or will it still be a problem? i get a lot of rain fade and am trying to solve it .two local installers tell me that 50 is normal for this area, but i find this hard to belive. i get 75 on my 61.5 dish pointed to the east with no trees. my neighbor has direct tv and has no problem with rain fade. i am tryimg to stay with dish, but may have to change if i cannot fix problem.

The only way to really deal with extreme rainfade issues after an accurate realignment, is to increase the size of the(reflector) dish.

You should be getting higher strengths than 50 that far south (on transponders 14 15 and 16 on 110 and 119). Try moving the dish first if you think the tree is in the way.

bought new dish on ebay and installed it further from tree this weekend. 110/119 jumped from low50's to high 70's and low 80's. 129 went to high 50's. glad my local tech are so informed. thanks for your positive feed back.

bought new dish on ebay and installed it further from tree this weekend. 110/119 jumped from low50's to high 70's and low 80's. 129 went to high 50's. glad my local tech are so informed. thanks for your positive feed back.

Those sound like very good readings, pretty much the same readings I get. Congrats on fixing the problem :) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts