Signal Trouble on certain channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trckn4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
What is the best way to check my signal? I looked in the menu and it seems ok on 101 (all are above 70). Here is what is going on...I went away for a little while and now some channels will sit searching for signal. For example:

Channels I'm having Trouble with:
514 MAXWHD
202 CNNHD
229 HGTVHD
241 SPIKEHD
242 USAHD
247 TBSHD
248 FXHD
278 DSCHD
101 T101HD

Channels that are working fine:
I think all locals
505 HB2W
513 MMAX
206 ESPN
249 COM

I don't honestly know what channels to check, so I checked some random ones and those are my results. I should get all those channels though. The message I get on the problem channels is "searching for signal on Satellite In" and either 1 or 2 and "...(771)". I'm wondering if my neighbor's power cable is drooping or if something is in the way of the signal. Also, I'm running off an external HD and I did try resetting and unplugging the cables and resetting, same thing happens. The only thing I didn't try was running off the internal HD.

You are not alone. I am getting the same message on Fox Reality and Comedy Central. There may be more but I just haven't flipped through them all yet.

It should be noted that I have an HR21-200 and the latest CE.

UPDATE: Reboot fixed it.

Last edited:
What are you signal levels are you seeing on 103b (or C ) ? Off the top of me head; even your 101s sound low. Mine are in the mid to high 90s with a couple of 100s

well, I was getting mostly mid to high 80's and some 90's. I know when I first got directtv he said I had all 95's and above. I have a show recording now on one of the channels that I am getting. I'll have to check the signal strength again shortly. Well, I guess it's good to know that it's not just me. I see that 247 is up for me not it seems.

Is there anywhere on line that Direct TV posts outages/known problems?

Not that I am aware of, but I am not having ANY issues on any of those listed chnls. Great thing about DBS if it was DirecTV-wide we ALL would be having issues; one person or 10 people constitutes personal setup or hardware issues. I called 3 neighbors and none of them have issues either.

Ok, I noticed tonight after running into even More trouble, switching back to the internal HD that about 20 channels that I spot checked that were not working were...well all but one. Now, I switched back to the external HD and it seems to be working fine.

I didn't know if anyone else was having similar issues, but in case this helps. I have no clue as to why this would occur...but if it helps fix the problem for someone...I'll see if it continues to be ok.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)