Buffalo, NY local HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

raceguy77

Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Any reason why the local CBS channel (Ch 4) is not available in HD? Should I expect it soon, or should I buy a directional OTA antenna?

Call the local and ask them why DirecTV doesn't yet have it.
Possibly because they are still in negotiations with DirecTV.
BTW, who owns your CBS affiliate?

cbs in buffalo is owned by lin. There is no contract with directv for the hd. If u live within 25 miles of the city u should be able to get cbs hd even with a tiny indoor antenna. I am in cheektowaga 16 miles from the transmitter and get it with a silver senor antenna in the basement of my house at 100%

I'm in Wheatfield and get channel 4 with an indoor Silver Sensor sitting on top of my entertainment center. Their OTA signal is pretty good.

As for when it will be on D* in HD, we can all only hope soon.

I believe the tower is still in Colden. It is 22 miles east of me, with a clear view. I'll try the indoor antenna first. Are these silver sensor antennas directional? Also, who sells them? Thanks for the info!!

In any event, you should get an off-air antenna. You'll get the best HD picture quality because an Off-Air signal is almost completely uncompressed, unlike cable or satellite. And they make a good backup for cable or satellite outages. In addition, with multi-casts, you can pick up several free channels OTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Signal Trouble on certain channels

AM21 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)