Signed up for DirecTV on 8/30, install date 10/8... WTF!?!?!?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Devil24

Proud Supporter of SatelliteGuys.US
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2005
Houston, TX
Signed up for DirecTV on 8/30, install date 10/11... WTF!?!?!?!?

Is this common? WTF??? how in the hell do they expect me to wait almost 6 weeks to have the service set up? it's f-ing ridiculous... not even with U-verse I had to wait that long (a whole 2.5 weeks).

Is there a way to speed things up? FYI, I signed up with DTV over the phone.

I already paid for the HR20 (money has been deducted from my account and all), but unless I can get this mess cleared up soon, with a decent install date (1-3 weeks), I'll seriously consider cancelling the whole thing.

Last edited:
I signed up for d* online on 9/2 and got an install date as soon as 9/6 but chose sat. 9/8. something doesn't seem right unless you live in a very very remote area - like Northern Maine

I signed up for d* online on 9/2 and got an install date as soon as 9/6 but chose sat. 9/8. something doesn't seem right unless you live in a very very remote area - like Northern Maine

I live in Houston, Texas.

Unfortunately, this is going to be happening more often for the next couple of months. A lot of people have essentially waited too long (as in for the new sat to go operational) to sign up for D*, and now the install companies are very busy.

Unfortunately, this is going to be happening more often for the next couple of months. A lot of people have essentially waited too long (as in for the new sat to go operational) to sign up for D*, and now the install companies are very busy.

Yes, I kind of understand that... but still, 6 weeks??? I'm sorry, but DirecTV isn't a small shop operation.

Anyway, I called 2 different local retailers and both have promised and confirmed install dates for this week, Friday being the latest they'd do it.

Well, I called DTV and cancelled with them... and then called one of the retailers I cotacted earlier and closed the deal... pretty much the same offer (minus the portable DVD player and the $50 Visa GC, but with an extra instant $10 off per month for the 1st year).

The great thing about it? my install was scheduled for tomorrow at 2PM :D.

We’re on a 6 day mandatory work week now. Dare I wonder what the future holds for post mid September?

We’re on a 6 day mandatory work week now. Dare I wonder what the future holds for post mid September?

We've flirted with it a couple of times, but have managed to avoid it so far by keeping our ADTR to less than 7 days. Last year when this happened, we went to mandatory sixes, and lost a third of our workforce about a month into it.

Yes, I kind of understand that... but still, 6 weeks??? I'm sorry, but DirecTV isn't a small shop operation.

DirecTV isn't but many of their approved local contractors (they have contracts with) are. DirecTV does not do the install.

here in Arkansas they're running at least two weeks lead time, creeping up to 3 weeks.

if i had cancelled my 8/30 install date, the next one was 9/17. just wait until the HD gets turned out.

co-worker of mine just upgraded to the HD package this week and is looking at early October for the install. Around these parts, I think Iowa fans switching to D* for BTN as alot to do with the delay.

It’s just a bummer that this whole HD thing coincides with the start of football season. For installers, come January, it will be just another case of hurry up and wait.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts