Signed up for Dish - Don't qualify for new customer special deals

gigapower

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 5, 2004
When I called and signed up for Dish they told me that I didn't qualify for any deals because I own my equipment, even though I am a new customer. They said the new customer deals are only for new customers who are renting equipment from Dish.

Also they didn't make it very clear, but does the up front fee for account creation show up as credit on your next bill?

I was thinking they'd atleast give me the current new customer deal of 3 free months of HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax. Then ontop of that they'd give me the free 6 months of HD Pack.

Dish is trying to get everyone to lease their equipment, therefore the will not extend any specials to customers who purchase their equipment out right. They end up making out better with leased equipment than the sold and they can hold you to a longer contract if you lease.

why don't you just sign up as a new customer, lease 1 box and then after it is all setup, activate your other equipment?

Thanks for the ideas, I have another question, I signed up for VOOM then they charged me a $99 VOOM upgrade fee to get the Dish 1000, shouldn't they provide the dish to get the service?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)