What HD channel would you get rid of if you had to?

Sarang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 30, 2005
If Dish was strapped for bandwidth and decided they had to get rid of ONE HD channel which one would you choose? For me it's ESPN-HD. Yeah I know that wouldn't happen but I can wish considering it's ESPN2-HD that mainly airs the different sh*t like Archery, Karate, etc.

cut the number of voom channels in half and combine thier content.
you wouldn't loose anything that way, and you would gain the bandwidth.

I treat all the HD channels like they were my kids. I couldn't part with a single one. But that demo channel would be the kid who ran away or was constantly in trouble at school, drinking, has a police record I bet. :)

:rolleyes: You know, just because something's in the guide doesn't mean it's taking up space.

NFL-HD, NBA-HD, HD Events, and HD-PPV are all the same channel. Basically, when a game or event is on, there is no HD-PPV. How is that a waste?

I'd get rid of TNT, because I'll take 1280x1080i over stretch-o-vision any day. Ocasionally they will show a good movie in actual HD, but it's censored and full of commercials, so what's the point? UniversalHD has Law And Order too, so that's another 25% of their actual HD programming you can get elsewhere. All that leaves is a few Basketball games a week...and I think Kael would agree with me that a HD channel only on a few hours a week is a waste. :)

M Sparks said:
:rolleyes: You know, just because something's in the guide doesn't mean it's taking up space.

NFL-HD, NBA-HD, HD Events, and HD-PPV are all the same channel. Basically, when a game or event is on, there is no HD-PPV. How is that a waste?

So my vote stands, get rid of them all !. :D
I didnt vote Voom, coz i dropped that already :D

Wow I'll keep Rush just for some of the LaLiga games, I like Mr.Magoo and the Pink Panther on Animania, Ultra is a different story altogether :rolleyes: .

Personally dump the Demo channel, at lease put all the bandwidth it is sucking up to use.

Well, I'd dump the one that you like best, just to be a jerk!

No, really, the demo channel. Let them demo with a normal HD channel at the stores. What's the difference? Or demo with a recorded HD program on a DVR or something.

My choice would be TNT-HD. Do they have any original HD programming on it? All I've ever seen is up-converted movies with commercials! Ughhhh. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts