Can you factory reset a Wally if it's never been activated?

Stuart Sweet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 22, 2023
Southern California
Folks if you know me at all, you know that I have a long tenure with DIRECTV. But I'm getting more and more into DISH stuff too.

Wondering if anyone can answer the following question: Is it possible to factory-reset or check-switch a Wally BEFORE it is activated? I'm working with a situation where a Wally isn't detecting a Tailgater so it can't activate. If it were activated I understand that doing a check-switch or factory reset would be the next move.

Folks if you know me at all, you know that I have a long tenure with DIRECTV. But I'm getting more and more into DISH stuff too.

Wondering if anyone can answer the following question: Is it possible to factory-reset or check-switch a Wally BEFORE it is activated? I'm working with a situation where a Wally isn't detecting a Tailgater so it can't activate. If it were activated I understand that doing a check-switch or factory reset would be the next move.
Yes. Pair the remote, then hit the Options Button several times until the Accessory Tool bar shows up. Move all the way to the right and click on that menu button. Then hit home to get to the main menu.
Or you can hit Skip back arrow - recall - skip forward arrow, then home