Signed up today, few questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Conjuror

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
I am leaving Dish and going to Directv. I've already signed up and scheduled the installation for next week. However, CRS couldn't answer or partially answered some questions so I'd like to hear from you guys:

1. Does Directv HD DVR has built in an HD OTA tuner?

2. Since I have two HD TVs, I asked for one more free DVR for my second TV. Otherwise I wouldn't leave Dish because 622 gives me DVR service for the second TV too. The CRS told me that they can give me a free SD receiver for second TV and after three months I will be eligible for a free upgrade to one of their advanced receivers, HD DVR in particular. Is this true or just a "bait" to sign me up?

3. Is Fox News channel in HD?

1. No. You need the AM-21 add-on as you are likely to get an HR22or23. You can sometimes get it for free if you ask. You should call back and ask.
2. I really doubt they would give you a 2nd HD DVR for free. You better check on this.
3. Yes

They should discount it at least now. Call back and explain your reason for switching to a new CSR and see what they can do for you, also get your account noted that you will need a AM21 OTA Tuner so they dont charge you for it later.

3 Months they may give you a free SDDVR but I doubt they would do a free one. When you call call from the D* website 800-531-5000 so your not talking to a sales company.

Thanks for the tips, I'll call the number above tomorrow. I am very suspicious about second DVR too.

I just got installed last Friday, as I left Dish like you are going to. They probably won't give you a 2nd HD DVR for free since they made me pay for a HD Receiver after receiving my HD DVR for free. But regardless it is a great service that is way better than Dish. More than likely they have your locals in HD anyway, and if they don't, just hook it up to the TV. Sometimes, you may even get better reception that way. Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.