Significant Dish Criticism Seems Unfounded

Sure with that were the case nationwide

But, in any case, it doesn't change the fact that Dish is at significant disadvantage. BTW: I noticed that nobody seems familiar with the heel dragging and court battles that Bell, SBC, et al are putting up in delay of actually delivering on their obligation.

ShadowEKU said:
Just FYI the new remote D-Slams that Bellsouth is putting in are capable of relaying the DSL signal past the 3megabit barrier. My parents just had DSL made available to them and sinc eth elocal Cable co only offers 512k at 24 bucks a month they opted for bellsouth. their real speeds are typicly around 2200kbps... When they framed their line i was impressed at the speed they got.

Well put. I don't know of a single person who has an HD set or DVR. I've got two plain jane Dish Network receivers with AT 120 and the sports multi pack and couldn't be more happier.

Now, what about NFL Network, PBS Kids, the soon to be lanuched ESPN U?

Sapient said:
I don't think these forums are all that representative of average Americans. Personally, I don't care about HD, and won't for some years I would guess. But I would never have signed up with Dish if I couldn't get my locals.

In this forum, I am just a luddite, but in the real world I am a second tier early adopter. Only one of my friends even has a HD ready TV, and he just has basic cable with 10 channels. I only know a couple people with DVRs.

Charlie is going after middle America with locals and low prices. There are just more customers to be had that way. Voom has tried to go after the HD market. I can't say how successful they have been.

garn9173 said:
Well put. I don't know of a single person who has an HD set or DVR.

You've got to get new friends then so you can go to their house and watch HDTV ;)

I just did a quick count and I know of 11 folks that I work with/friends that have HTDV ready sets and 8 of them have either a DBS or cable HD STB connected to them. There's more of them out there then you think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)