Significant WWE Network Purchase recently purchased positioning on a c-band satellite transponder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Significant WWE Network Purchase - For the WWE Network, WWE recently purchased positioning on a c-band satellite transponder, which is what cable networks use to send their signals. The WWE Network is now on the same transponder as the Bloomberg and Reelz networks. Networks usually share transponders to share costs and this shows that WWE is paying a significant amount of money to transport a signal that would normally be used by cable & satellite companies to bring in a station. This could lead to a lot of speculation about what WWE has planned for the Network, but WWE sources told The Wrestling Observer it's nothing of significance. http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201...-santino-marella-neck-and-what-he-been-doing/ ................... If you need to move go ahead but thought people with C-Band that still might watch WWE might check this out and please move if needed

So that's Galaxy 13 "127"

3828 H 19750 5/6

PowerVU I bet will have to check in AM unless someone else can check before then if it's ITC :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So that's Galaxy 13 "127"

3828 H 19750 5/6

PowerVU I bet will have to check in AM unless someone else can check before then if it's ITC :)

Yup. For those that want to watch it, although I can't think of a punishment worse than sitting through a WWE match..

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1405686920.017121.jpg

Yes I can; going with my wife to JoAnne's fabric store...

I am sure that it is the audio sampling rate is not supported by my STB. Going to try the PCI card and VLC later today if the audio continues to be funky. Interested in their sampling rate setting.

No success with VLC. Didn't try recording and checking with TSDoctor or the new one T134 introduced me to, KMPlayer.

Don't watch the channel, so no loss to me, but curious to the solution. Might check it again in a few weeks if the audio oddity continues or if it remains in the clear.

Looselips.jpg

Good to remember that loose lips might sink ships, but highly doubtful in this instance as the content was obviously in test mode and uplinked on a transponder that is used for encrypted distribution with all of the other channels in the mux encrypted.

Last edited:
and uplinked on a transponder that is used for encrypted distribution with all of the other channels in the mux encrypted.

Exactly why I never moved it.
Yep they knew this was in the clear, nothing to do with us. ;)

This could lead to a lot of speculation about what WWE has planned for the Network, but WWE sources told The Wrestling Observer it's nothing of significance.

sounds like WWE is having a tough time selling a boatload of subs on the internet or needs PPV revenue badly since many sat/cable providers have dumped carrying their PPVs in protest of the WWE internet channel, and thus WWE is going to make their channel available to sat/cable providers instead of internet exclusive.

I think they will see just as many if not more subscribers to their network if it becomes available to sat/cable. WWE wanted all the revenue for themselves though so they would either have to increase the price or take it as a loss and see how many subs they get that way.

The WWE Network is considered by most people who aren't superfans as a total flop. Subscriptions were way off their expectations. Some supported devices have been plagued by issues. It's prone to freezing. The audio is mono. The worst part? The footage doesn't look as good as it does on cable or satellite TV instead having that streaming frame rate that makes it look very weird. Now if they were to offer it on any dish system, the quality will be up to par, freezing wouldn't be an issue and they'll be able to reach more homes. Assuming they make it available on satellite and through the internet, I'd say they'll probably double their subscriptions even if they were to charge $5 a month more for the dish version.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)