Significantly Viewed is HERE for Baltimore and Albany GA

Decided to play CSR roulette to see what happens.

After about 15 minutes of hold/talking, the CSR said I should be seeing the new channels in about 5 minutes. We shall see.....

BINGO... Got'em.

They are listed under channel 6200, 6201 and 6202.

The locals chart online says 8070, 8071 and 8072, but who knows.

But they are definitely there!!! :) :)

The Significantly viewed channels are in the 6200 range right now. You will eventually see them mapped to channels 66-68 as well if your locals are in the single and two digit range..

See ya
Tony

In the locals page, Dish Network has renamed the packages to:
Albany, GA Enhanced 1
Baltimore, MD Enhance 1
Baltimore, MD Enhance 2
Baltimore, MD Enhance 3

TNGTony said:
You will eventually see them mapped to channels 66-68
I wonder why they're putting them in the 60's range. Why not their OTA number? After all, not like they're going to conflict with your normal locals.
Plus some cities has OTA number that high (Atlanta, UPN69).

hancox said:
Amen and Amen. I WANT MY UCONN SPORTS!!! :)
I used to drive to Huskies games in my '57 Chevy ragtop waaaaaaaaaaay back when. Lived in Willington, worked in Willimantic and was dating a girl from Storrs whos mother worked on campus. I've got some fond memories of that area.

rangersjay99 said:
I'm in Baltimore and the website shows I qualify for SV1 (DC channels), but when I call, they say that is a mistake and I only qualify for Baltimore channels. If any area should qualify, it should be my zipcode, we are right inbetween DC and Baltimore. :confused: :confused:

Same thing happened to me. After fifteen minutes with a non-English speaking CSR I was transferred to Jason at tech support. After trying everything he could think of Jason told me (I'm not making this up!) I'd have to call the FCC to get the DC significantly-viewed channels.

It took a bit, the CSR would ask me if I could be put on hold for 2 minutes, then would come back on, ask me if I would mind being put on hold for 2 more minutes. We did this 3 or 4 times, when he finally said everything was OK and I should see them in about 5 minutes. It took about 20 minutes, but they did show up!!! Have ABC, NBC and CBS out of DC now. Of course, already had them OTA for the HD signals.

waltinvt\ said:
I used to drive to Huskies games in my '57 Chevy ragtop waaaaaaaaaaay back when. Lived in Willington, worked in Willimantic and was dating a girl from Storrs whos mother worked on campus. I've got some fond memories of that area.

Heh - a nice straight ride up Route 32. Man, do I miss school. :)

Derwin0 said:
I wonder why they're putting them in the 60's range. Why not their OTA number? After all, not like they're going to conflict with your normal locals.
Locals on satellite services must be presented on consective channels. They probably didn't want to test the FCC rules to see if SV could be considered locals or not.

They can always use the 70's if they put SV into markets with higher numbers.

JL

Derwin0 said:

I don't know why the 60s (JL's idea of the 70s is a good one to me), but for those of us picking up locals via OTA they would conflict unless they could put them in as a channel number without an extension such as 029, then digital channels on 029-01, 029-02, 029-03, etc. I find it useful to have satellite locals as well as the digital OTA ones if only because the 942 can only record one OTA channel at a time, but the PQ on digital OTA locals is naturally far superior to what I get over the dish.

CDH.

I receive my locals from Albany, GA but was told that I cannot get the enhanced package because my zip is not in the approved area, can someone explain what the hell that means? My zip is approved for all of the other local channels except for CBS that was just recently added, so I am somewhat confused. I was told that I could request a waiver and receive the local station that is included in the enhanced package for an additional fee.

tadpole88

Re: Channel Numbers
Eventually most all the high end UHF channels will go away. The FCC wants most of the 50's and all of the 60's back for land mobile uses. But that is eventually - today the 70's, 80's and 90's are free (although the 90's could end up being distant HDs, so don't waste them on SVs).

My preference is to have them on their own channel number. There shouldn't be any more conflict with an OTA DT feed and a SV than an OTA DT feed and a regular local. SVs shouldn't go far enough to reach a market with a same channel local that would conflict.
tadpole88 said:
I receive my locals from Albany, GA but was told that I cannot get the enhanced package because my zip is not in the approved area, can someone explain what the hell that means?
There is a list of stations that are approved for being offered SV in your county or city. E* must go by that list. The SV county list doesn't have the same lines as the LIL market list. The SV list approves the viewing of each station on a per county or city basis - the LIL market list approves the viewing of all stations within the market on a marketwide basis.

JL

tadpole88 said:
I receive my locals from Albany, GA but was told that I cannot get the enhanced package because my zip is not in the approved area, can someone explain what the hell that means?
The counties that qualify for channel 6 are:
Miller, Mitchell, Baker, Colquitt, Cook Berrien, Atkinson, Clinch, Irwin, Tift, Worth, Dougherty, Calhoun, and Turner.
If you're in one of the following you are SOL:
Terrell, Lee, Crisp, Ben Hill, and Coffee.
Those counties except for Ben Hill have Columbus Ch-3 for a CBS-SV, along with Columbus Ch-9 for ABC (Unfortunately Dish doesn't have Columbus locals yet).
Ben Hill has Macon-13 as it's CBS-SV, so they should get it eventually.

chaddux said:
Oh great. If they are going in alphabetical order, I'll be almost last. Nice to finally see progress, though!

If it were strictly alphabetical folks in the Albany NY market would ahve gotten SV before Baltimore. What ever the order is it is not simply the alphabet.

I notice that different Baltimore addresses show different combinations of DC stations. Some addresses Ic hecked were pretty close to Baltimore City. i wonder if those of us around DC will get Baltimore locals.

Geronimo said:
i wonder if those of us around DC will get Baltimore locals.

how would that work then? Baltimore is on SD, Washington is on 110

What...people in the SV area can get a free SD if Blatimore is part of their SV area? :)

hancox said:
Heh - a nice straight ride up Route 32. Man, do I miss school. :)

Hancox and other fellower Nutmegers, I have season tickets to all the BBall games including Men and Women, Hartford and Storrs if interested. 30+ games is a bit too much to attend with a new child at home so let me know if anyone is interested in games.

Iceberg said:
how would that work then? Baltimore is on SD, Washington is on 110

What...people in the SV area can get a free SD if Blatimore is part of their SV area? :)

i don't know how it would work. I just wondered aloud (or on the net) if it might happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts