"signs of a stealer" & hall of shame

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
We should develop a private "signs of a stealer" list. Collection of buzzwords and/or phrases to watch out for so that people like us can watch for nonsense. I just got done reading the last few months of bans, and it's amazing to see the horrible grammer used by these kids. Half of em can't even speak proper english!!

Also, we should make a "banned hall of shame" full of people who got themselves banned. I love reading these things!!

Just a thought for the night.

What is sad is there are so many hacker forums out there. Honestly, I don't think both of your suggestions are that great of an idea. The signs of a hacker is an ok idea, but I'm not so sure about the hall of shame...

It's making fun of people. In Church, at least in my religion, we are told to hate the sin but to love the sinner. I think that making fun of hackers like you seem to be suggessting is not such a good idea because it sort of creates an us and them mentallity... almost in a bigoted, discriminatory type of way that could possibly some day get the good folks that run this site sued for libel and/or slander someday way down the line in the future. The admins tend to close threads that have the signs of hackerisms and ban the folks that posted those threads. That's the way to go. Would suck to have someone banned and forever put in to some sort of hall of shame who just didn't have a full grasp of the English Language, honestly wanted to learn fta, and just got banned for some reason because they posted some phrase incorrectly that hinted at Hacking even though what they posted was really intended to mean something else but the ban happened because some admin misinterpreted what they posted. I highly doubt that scenario would ever play out with current admins, but you never know what the future brings.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)